The BRICK Education Network (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.brickeducation.org
BRICK currently operates a successful region in Newark, New Jersey and is excited to expand to Buffalo.
The BRICK Buffalo Academy Charter School is scheduled to open in August of 2023 to students in kindergarten and first grade. As a result, BRICK Buffalo is recruiting founding team members who are committed to proving what is possible for students and families on the East Side of Buffalo. As a member of the BRICK Buffalo Academy Charter School team, you will have the rare opportunity to play a critical role in founding a new school that is committed to the success of its students, families, and community.
To learn more about our Buffalo location, please visit https://brickeducation.org/buffalo-2/
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world-class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, BRICK is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career. As a member of the BRICK Buffalo Academy Charter School team, you will have the rare opportunity to play a significant role in building the foundation of BRICK in the region.
At BRICK Buffalo, we are committed to running world-class schools that empower students to draw strength from their identity and become leaders in their community. As a result, we are looking to hire founding teachers who will build strong relationships with the students and families they serve and commit to relentlessly knocking down barriers to their success.
BRICK teachers have a collaborative mindset, are solution oriented, use data to inform instruction; and have a sense of humility. Teachers who join the founding BRICK Team will be respected as professionals and will receive the support necessary to prove what is possible for the students in their classroom. In addition, BRICK’s holistic approach to education will help its teachers play a critical role in ensuring that all of the school’s students and families can access the additional wraparound services they need to thrive.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Demonstrating an interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
· Remaining empathetic to students’ previous experiences when observing and responding to their behavior
· Creating a positive, safe and collaborative classroom environment for students
· Continuously strengthening their classroom community by investing students and families in our iDream values (Innovation, Diligence, Respect, Empathy, A Self Control and Model Student)
· Executing the network adopted unit and lesson plans to accelerate student learning and social emotional development
· Attending all required meetings to ensure strong communication and professional development, including department, grade level and staff meetings
· Participating in meetings with their coach to support their development, including observation and feedback meetings, planning meetings and data meetings.
· Collaborating with coaches and peers to share best practices; and build a strong adult culture
· Utilizing data from student observations as well as summative and formative assessments to inform instruction
· Adjusting instruction as needed to meet the unique needs of their students, including by adjusting to different student learning styles and differentiating instruction
· Teaching and enforcing school-wide systems and structures
· Participating in whole school events and home visits to help build strong trusting relationships with students and their families
· Exemplifying the BRICK core values (Faithful Commitment, Relentlessness, Compassion, Savvy Ambition, Restless Improvement and Accountability)
· An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students.
· An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them
· An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people
· A commitment to doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of their founding school.
· Proficiency in working with computers, including commonly used software like Google Documents, Google Sheets, and Excel.
· Experience supporting students and families on the East Side of Buffalo is strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
· Prior experience working with children strongly preferred
· Willingness to travel to attend professional development sessions or to participate in other learning experiences with BRICK Education Network staff
· Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
· Salary Range: Competitive compensation package, Based upon previous experience
· Employment Period: Eleven/Twelve Months
· Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401 K
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
The job skills required for 2023-24 Special Education Teacher include Professional development, Commitment, Planning, Empathy, Communication Skills, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a 2023-24 Special Education Teacher.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by 2023-24 Special Education Teacher.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.