Job Title: Case Manager
Salary: $24 per hour
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week; Non-exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Specialized Programs
Location: As Assigned
Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County takes changing the lives of youth to heart. We go above and beyond to ensure that every youth that walks through our doors has a world-class club experience that provides them with the opportunity for a GREAT FUTURE!
The primary functions of the Case Manager will be assigning, monitoring, and organizing cases for social work. They will be directly involved in the lives of their clients, and provide resources and assistance
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Accessing client needs, and developing strategies to help the client
· Providing support and resources for clients; good working relationship with support networks, government resources, and community resources
· Researching and referring client resources such as health and childcare
· Assigning social workers to respond to crisis situations that affect children and vulnerable or mentally unstable adults
· Evaluating and studying programs, services, and resources for quality and client needs
· Determining the correct course of action when helping children, whether it be with a social worker, psychologist, or medical doctor
· Creating programs and services to benefit clients and community
· Listening and providing help and advice for children and adults
· Caring for the well-being of clients and helping a wide range of clients, including people with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities or who have been neglected
· Organizing and influencing community and policymakers to develop programs, policies, and services to assist in social work
· Advocating and raising awareness on behalf of clients and the needs of the community and local services
· Assisting clients by providing a family social worker, clinical social worker, school social worker, or healthcare social worker
· Assessing youth wellness, needs, and abilities and using the knowledge of them to develop plans
· Listening to youth/clients’ concerns and providing coaching
· Work effectively with youth, showing compassion and ability to relate to youth/clients with a wide range of needs
· Motivate youth to follow established plans
· Think critically and problem solve
· Attends site and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
· Complete any additional assignments as requested by the Vice President of Specialized Programs
· Must submit to and pass Level 2 background screening through the Florida Department of Children & Families.
· Must pass pre-employment drug test
· Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
. Bi-lingual: English & Spanish Speaking Highly Preferred
· Associate degree in social work, psychology, sociology, healthcare or medical and related fields required; Bachelor's degree in social work preferred;
· Previous case management work experience servicing the youth population
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong proficiency with computers, database entry, and full Microsoft Office suite, email, and internet
· Treat all club members, parents/guardians, co-workers, supervisors and people in the community with respect and dignity
· Think analytically and produce written reports
· Must have a positive work ethic, attention to detail, strong initiative, and be reliable
· Ability to work independently and with a team, multitask, and lead a team of diversely skilled employees
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities; strong organization, detail, and process management orientation
· Ability to interact with all levels of management and team members
· Working knowledge of office equipment
· Maintain confidentiality of participants.
· Team performance
· Preparing cases
· Child protection
· Conflict management
· Follow policies, procedures and rules of the organization.
· Communicate to immediate supervisor any pertinent contact from family, school, or significant others.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft software including but not limited to excel, word, etc.
Some travel may be required for training and/or other business purposes.
Our offices, neighborhood clubhouses, and school-based clubs are fast-paced work environments and are strategically located in areas of St. Lucie County where youth need us most. Based on the organization's needs, flexibility to work different schedules and work in different locations in St. Lucie County is required due to changing business demands. General office conditions are the standard work environment (standing, sitting, and walking). Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug, and alcohol-free workplace.
· The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, stooping/kneeling, reaching with hands and arms, and finger dexterity.
· This position requires extended talking, listening, sitting, walking, and standing; computer viewing, and keyboard entry. Regularly lifting up to 25 pounds.
· Daily operation of personal motor vehicle relevant to carrying out job duties is required for this position.
· Ability to think strategically and ability to sit for more than four hours per day.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice.
The job skills required for Case Manager include Case Management, Social Work, Confidentiality, CPR, Microsoft Office,and Initiative etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Case Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Case Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.