Bell Incorporated has been in operation since 1920. Since then, we have become one of the largest independent carton companies in North America. Bell Incorporated supplies its customers with food packaging, consumer products and mailers. We value our employees and pride ourselves on being a premier employer in the Groveport area.
Employees at Bell are provided the following benefits:
- Competitive pay and an excellent incentive/bonus structure
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling to include both day and nights
- Fast-paced varied work environment that values hard work
- Room for advancement
- Pay increase structure based on longevity
- Referral bonus
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Requires a minimum of three years related experience
- Experience and/or training in safe work environments, union work environments, capital improvement, and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.