The Nursing Home Administrator is responsible for the day to day operations and direction of the facility, and ensures that the facility complies with all policies and procedures set forth by Bedrock Healthcare, as well as those required by regulatory agencies. Also ensures that expectations of the corporation and our customers are met or exceeded on a continual basis.
NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that the facility complies with all policies and procedures set forth by Bedrock Healthcare, regulatory agencies, and other appropriate bodies.
2. Directs the financial management of the facility through budgeting review and implementation; reviews related reports, and sets standards for performance.
3. Ensures quality care and excellent communications with patients, families, and staff.
4. Demonstrates effective management/leadership skills.
· Directs staff members effectively and clearly communicates to them individual and facility expectations.
· Improves the skills and knowledge of staff members to help them realize their full potential.
· Establishes and meets goals which support facility and corporate objectives.
· Serves as a role model by consistently exhibiting a professional and positive attitude.
5. Manages Human Resources issues within areas of responsibility.
· Consistently interprets and fairly applies Human Resources policies and facility-wide policies to all staff.
· Maintains effective and appropriate staffing levels as evidenced by ongoing budgetary analysis.
· Prepares and conducts effective and timely employee performance appraisals.
· Implements participative management and creative problem solving through employee suggestions, task forces, committees and other forms of feedback.
6. Understands financial issues and effectively utilizes fiscal resources within area of responsibility and facility.
· Develops facility budget within designated deadlines according to budgetary procedures.
· Effectively manages facility expenses within 5% negative variance on controllable expenses.
· Identifies and implements opportunities for revenue enhancements and/or cost savings for the facility.
7. Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
8. Follows corporate attendance policy and requests scheduled time off according to procedure.
9. Assumes an active role in business development and public relations activities for the facility.
· Promote and support the business development effort with the facility
a. Participate in weekly business development meeting
b. Identify opportunities for census development.
10. Recognizes the importance of educational development to self and staff facility.
NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR QUALIFICATIONS
1. A Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Public Health Administration, Business Administration, or a health related degree.
2. Must have, as a minimum, one year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility. Must possess a current, unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license or meet the licensure requirements of this state.
3. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
4. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as must be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
5. Must have advanced training in hospital or long-term care administration.
6. Must be familiar with reimbursement regulations, and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.
7. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
8. Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing human resources administration.
9. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as must be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
The job skills required for Nursing Home Administrator include Leadership, Long Term Care, Responsibility, Budgeting, Public Relations,and Financial Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Nursing Home Administrator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Nursing Home Administrator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.