Position provides daily oversight of clinic a given region; including patient care, staff relations, and facilities management. Position provides clinical back-up as needed.
% of Time
1. Oversight of daily operations in assigned clinics. Facilitates smooth clinic flow and communication between all departments. Ensures compliance with existing policies and procedures and works with the Director of Operations to devise new policies and procedures.
2. Assist Director of Operations in hiring of clinical staff, perform competency administration and training for all new hires and annual competencies for existing staff. Examine and resolve complaints received from staff, visitors, patients, and physicians, in partnership with the Director of Operations. Performs quarterly and annual reviews alongside the Director of Operations.
3. Schedules staff and ensures coverage if absences on a daily basis with assigned region. Approve staff timecards weekly.
4. Ensures the maintenance of a safe and functional clinic environment, including facilities, equipment, and supplies.
5. Weekly huddle with all offices and with the Director of Operations. Participation in Operations meetings as needed. Lead monthly location meetings and prepare metrics as assigned.
6. Works with Director of Operations to monitor assigned clinic budgets and resource management.
7. Back-up Photographer: Performs OCT, FAF, Fluorescein Angiography, and Fundus Photography on a variety of devices. Maintain photography supplies, cameras, and equipment.
8. Back-up Technician: Test patient’s far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, visual field, and tonometry and enter into EMR. Dilate eyes. Room patients and assist doctor with numbing, rinsing, and procedure set up, and any other ophthalmic technician duties, as needed.
9. Back-up Front Desk: Check patients in, give forms to new patients, update histories on established patients, check out, make follow-up appointments, and any other front desk duties, as needed.
Other Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations or physician.
Accountabilities: Establish and administer clinic policies and oversee standard work.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to staff. Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching. Receive complaints and resolve problems. Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa. Train new employees. Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
Excellent patient relations. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organizational skills. Excellent communication, both written and verbal. Leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to train others.
Medical clinic experience
3 years of past medical clinic, front desk, or surgery scheduling experience.
Education Required or Equivalent:
Minimum high school diploma. College degree or continuing education courses desirable.
Physical Standards, including lifting and pushing requirements:
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of scheduled shift or more, be able to frequently move about the office to direct patients, access office supplies, and equipment, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to communicate with patients to convey necessary medical and financial information and document accurately in EMR and practice management system.
Periodic travel to other assigned clinics.
Position requires the use of telephone and office equipment such as computers, copier, fax, and scanner. Position requires the use of medical equipment such as exam chairs, imaging equipment, pharmaceutical refrigerators, and diagnostic testing equipment. Position requires use of Microsoft Office products.
List any unique conditions of the position:
OSHA Classification Category I. Job duties include exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.