- Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world. MINDS OVER MATTER
- Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. NETWORK
- Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development. CULTURE
- Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose. SUMMARY
- Serving branch sales team by providing engineering sales support roles, creating project sales estimates and proposals, and performing job walks alongside sales rep. Strong technical knowledge of crane & rigging and Barnhart toolbox is required to development innovative concepts. Strong computer software skills and technical writing ability are required to develop high quality concept sketches, project sales estimates, and technical proposals. Purpose:
- Evaluate project opportunities involving cranes, rigging and transportation.
- Develop concept sketches to illustrate methodology.
- Create project sales estimates and proposals.
- Serve as a technical resource for branch sales representatives.
Responsibilities and Principle Duties:
- Around 50 opportunities per year.
- $10M - $20M in job value.
- Assist Barnhart Sales Team in creating innovative heavy-lift/heavy-transport solutions. Focal points for Sales Support Engineering during the solution development phase include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Technical accuracy and risk assessment. Methods are vetted by Sales Engineer to ensure capacity of proposed equipment is not exceeded. Sales Engineer addresses with sales team operational areas of high risk that can impact personnel safety, job financial performance, and customer relationship.
- Opportunity optimization. Methods should be selected that increase job efficiency, reduce overall project costs, and minimize risk exposure to job and customer personnel.
- Innovative Barnhart equipment selection. Sales Engineer shall focus on implementing Barnhart tools into solutions that increase Barnhart’s competitive advantage project execution efficiency.
- Next Best Alternative (NBA) analysis. NBA analysis is the process of determining the typical methods of completing requested work scopes without the use of Barnhart methods, processes, and equipment. This is critical in selecting the appropriate method and pricing strategy for proposals.
- Perform jobsite walkdowns with Barnhart Sales lead as needed to procure information needed for solution development and/or to improve customer relationship.
- Meet opportunity deliverable dates as set by Sales team and Manager.
- Work and act in a way consistent with the company Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Create other support material that aids in the proposal creation or project engineering process. Examples include reference charts, Microsoft Excel templates, writing whitepapers on industry specific topics, etc.
- Develop understanding of all facets of the heavy rigging and transportation industry including:
- Equipment Knowledge - Working knowledge of Barnhart equipment, load charts, features, operational best practices, and:
- Competitors Equipment -- NBA
- Industry standard rigging equipment (ex: shackles, turnbuckles, etc.)
- People knowledge - Must be familiar with all skills and qualifications of Branch Personnel matching those to the required job
- Create and deliver solutions and proposal presentations to customer’s decision-making team
- Develop the potential solutions, estimate, and prepare tailored proposals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education : Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline from ABET accredited institution.
- Experience : Prefer experience in construction industry.
- Administrative Skills : Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD.
- Physical Requirements : Must be able to travel as needed an engage with Barnhart culture in support of opportunity and project-based efforts.
Barnhart branch office and Industrial setting with interaction at all levels of business enterprise - field craft through management. Internal and External Contacts:
- Internal : the position will interface with all branch employees, branch sales team, BSC engineering and project managers.
- External : the position will interface with engineers, construction contractors, project managers, superintendents, industrial plant personnel and subcontractors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the incumbent in this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.