Come join an exciting team within Global Information Security (GIS). Cyber Security Technology (CST) is a globally distributed team responsible for cyber security innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, cyber resiliency, access management engineering, data strategy, deployment maintenance, technical project management and information technology security control support.
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
Primary Level of Engagement: Works as a team member under supervision from a more senior domain expert.
System Engineer Lead
Peer Engineering teams
• Administration, operation, upgrade and support of Certification Authorities (CA), Registration Authorities (RA), online responders, and Hardware Security Modules (HSM) of a Microsoft Windows-based enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
• Ensure alignment with all PKI compliance and best practices.
• Implement, operate and maintain physical and virtual machines in production and disaster recovery locations.
• Interface with vendors that provide security/encryption related services
• Participate in defining and developing the strategic plan for PKI for the enterprise
• Lead the definition and implementation of POCs around PKI, KMS and other certificate related technologies
• Ensure 247 uptime of the PKI services
• Design, test, and implement changes/additions to HSMs in the PKI Infrastructure
• Responsible for all engineering aspects of the company s PKI including: Internally and externally hosted Certification Authorities (CAs) and Registration Authorities, The enterprise certificate management system
• Enterprise Code Signing Services, Consulting around cryptographic technologies, Hardware Security Module (HSM), NDES servers
• Design and implement software systems in Windows that solve or automate the solving of complex networking and security problems. Requires a thorough understanding of Windows internals in order to meet very specific security and networking requirements.
• Apply expert-level knowledge of public key infrastructure (PKI) to design and develop solutions to customer problems.
• Apply a thorough understanding of the basics of IP networks and their workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
• Generate detailed requirements and design documents and user manuals for products
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Certification Authorities, in a CA Admin role
• 3 years System Administration experience
• Experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and public key infrastructure (PKI) for certificate management.
• Practical knowledge of cybersecurity issues, vulnerabilities and defenses
• Self-starter and can work independently.
• Possess expertise in both written and interpersonal communication, and in collaboration in a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience.
• Experience in Software documentation, software packages, support and/or training of IT systems
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities
• Good end-user communication skills
• Background in IT Security