Baker Roofing Company – Operations Manager
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Roofing Operations Manager to join our winning team. You would manage high-profile commercial projects within your region. Baker Roofing invests in our employees by empowering success through a competitive bonus plan and intensive training courses. We value our employees by providing competitive benefits, prioritizing safety, and emphasizing work-life balance.
With more than 20 locations across the Southeast, Baker Roofing Company is an industry leader in providing an outstanding experience in commercial roofing, residential construction, metal fabrication, restoration, and more. We pride ourselves on over 100 years of quality work, investing in our employees, and providing a family-centered culture.
Apply today if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for!
The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for safety, quality, production, training, job planning, communication, and coordination between PM, Superintendent, and office staff for all private and bid jobs assigned to operations department. Your next opportunity starts at Baker Roofing Company!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Education: Minimum High School graduate / College preferred
- Years of Experience: At least 10 – 15 years in commercial construction/roofing with extensive knowledge of products and installation procedures
- Certifications: 30 Hour OSHA Construction card, First Aid/CPR/Bloodborne pathogen training
- Computer: Experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and scheduling
- Driver’s License: Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional organization and writing skills
- Motivated and professional
- Extensive knowledge of roofing which includes – BUR, shingles, tile, single ply, metal, & waterproofing techniques and products, working knowledge of trusses, light weight concrete deck systems, and A/C work that is closely related to re-roofing
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, and other office procedures and terminology
- Review man-hours, schedule, set-up, and safety for BRC crews, subcontractors, and others
- Support and train Project Managers, Superintendents, and Foremen on job organization to maximize efficiency
- Responsible for customer coordination on all job sites that require communications beyond the Project Manager’s scope
- Maintain accountability for personnel issues and interface with human resources
- Coordinate “on the job” training programs for new employees with the Training Department, Superintendents, and Foreman – e.g., specialty metal training, man lift certification, asbestos certification, etc.
- Attend weekly team leader meetings such as: OT / equipment scheduling and commercial ops / private sales team
- Attend and coordinate daily department team meetings, and weekly scheduling meetings to provide status reports / cost information on current jobs for review and discussion
- Meet with estimating team to help evaluate and provide estimated labor costs for potential projects during the bidding process
- Meet with submittal team to help determine method, means, and best system for installation during the submittal process
- Review and approve shop drawings and submittals – make recommendations for changes if necessary and review wind uplift requirements
- Review executed contract, contract documents, fact sheet, and all information required during the meeting with the salesman and flag all discrepancies
- Ensure that Superintendent job file has been prepared and job is planned out with the field staff before work begins
- Schedule and attend pre-planning sessions with General Contractor
- Ensure warranties have been applied for, work permits, and job contracts are in place, and have been fully executed before any materials are released or work is performed on-site (note: exception to proceeding before contract can only be made by officers of Baker Roofing)
- Coordinate work schedule with clients and subcontractors and inform PM / Superintendent of all changes in the schedule
- Maintain job site records, daily reports, delay requests, and weather reports as required (if records are not prepared by the project engineer, he/she will collect, organize, and maintain these files for the record)
- Monitor job progress – provide input to assist with production reports and monitoring job costs and review / approve timesheets for completeness and accuracy based on GPS reports
- Provide support to Superintendent as required for materials, schedule, and cost information
- Prepare estimates for minor change orders and provide information / support to estimators for major change orders
- Maintain a change order log and keep AR informed of all pending approved change orders
- Prepare RFI to General Contractors and owners as needed and keep log
- Submit monthly billings based on contract requirements
- Cost Control – projection of final costs expected for each job prior to monthly “jobs in progress” meeting with Accounting
- Assume responsibility for total project preparation, execution, and close-out
- Responsible for purchase orders, requisitions, consolidated delivery forms and equipment request forms
- Responsible to request manufacturer warranty and coordinate with Office Manager for tracking of all warranties
- Requires standing up for long periods of time
- Requires use of ladders, scaffolds, and stairways
- Requires ability to climb, lift, balance, walk, and handle materials
- Requires use of abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving out or fatiguing
- Requires seeing details at close range
- Requires repetitive movement, bending or twisting, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling
- Requires ability to stand, walk, lift, and carry items weighing 50 pounds regularly
(15% construction sites; 85% office) At times, the Operations Manager will need to visit job sites with the PM and will be exposed to varying temperatures ranging from heat 90 degrees plus to cold weather which could include temperatures in the teens and rainy conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Baker Roofing Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you need special assistance or accommodation in applying for employment at Baker Roofing Company, please contact our Recruiting department at 919-828-2975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.