Baker Roofing Company – Roofer
This is a unique opportunity to take control of your career path and develop skills that can fast-track you from Roofer to Master Foreman. Baker Roofing invests in our employees by empowering success through a structured growth plan and intensive training courses. We value our employees by providing competitive benefits, prioritizing safety, and emphasizing work-life balance.
With more than 20 locations across the Southeast, Baker Roofing Company is an industry leader in providing an outstanding experience in commercial roofing, residential construction, metal fabrication, restoration, and more. We pride ourselves on over 100 years of quality work, investing in our employees, and providing a family-centered culture.
Apply today if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for!
Cover roofs with TPO, EPDM, PVC, and related materials. May spray roofs, sidings, and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The lists below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education: High School/ G.E.D
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years of roofing experience
- Certifications: No required
- Driver License: Driver's license is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety techniques and procedures
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute work assignments
- General knowledge of how to cut, shape, fit, or join wood or other construction materials
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work on a team
- Ability to read and use tape measure, mark, or record distances
- General knowledge of construction materials and tools involved in the assembly or repair of roofing structures
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions in order to accomplish work
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Ability to use oral or written communication to convey information effectively
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Observance of performance of yourself, coworkers, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action
- Clean up debris from the roof surface and surrounding property
- Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions
- Cut felt, shingles, and strips of flashing; and fit them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs and seal the seams
- Cover exposed nail heads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage and rust
- Cut roofing paper to size using knives and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, determining distance of roofing material overlap using chalk lines, gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles
- Covering roofs and exterior walls of structures with slate, asphalt, single-ply systems, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, and/or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers, and other tools
- Operating vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment
- Repair cracks, defects, or damage using proper materials
- Apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- Inspect equipment, structures, and material
- Train and coach other employees
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Requires standing up for long periods of time
- Requires use of ladders, scaffolds, and stairways
- Requires ability to climb, lift, balance, walk, and handle materials
- Requires use of abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving out or fatiguing
- Requires seeing details at close range
- Requires repetitive movement, bending or twisting, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling
- Requires ability to stand, walk, lift, and carry items weighing 50 pounds regularly
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, including exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants, hazardous material, or equipment
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences, therefore safety procedures need to be followed
- Requires exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings
- Requires exposure to high places or dangerous conditions
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Baker Roofing Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you need special assistance or accommodation in applying for employment at Baker Roofing Company, please contact our Recruiting department at 919-828-2975 or email@example.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.