Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We have mulitple positions open for Sr. DevOps Engineer with primary focus on (Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Open Source stack) to work at our North Bethesda, MD location.
- Planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of networks, virtual machines, container solutions, storage, open source applications, and variety of databases in both cloud and on on-premise hosting environments
- Perform computing environment buildouts, process automation, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, and documentation of operating procedures and processes
- Lead migration of infrastructure resources from on-premise to cloud environments and utilize toolchain, scripts, automation for each stage in the infrastructure deployment
- Monitor, track, report, and proactively address issues taking a holistic view of system health and supportability requirements, including documentation, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration, capacity and disaster recovery plans.
- Configure and utilize a variety of network management, log analysis, monitoring and alert management tools
- Providing advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large and complex Unix/Linux, windows workloads and applications hosted on a high-performance computing environment on both in cloud and on-premise.
- Work closely with development, quality assurance, business analysts and architects to improve systems and refine processes for efficiency.
- Provide superior customer service, including response to escalations, testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions
- Stay in tune with new technologies in your areas but not limited to cloud computing & deployment, site reliability engineering, network design/architecture, infrastructure automation, security best practices, data engineering etc.
- Advise team and management on process improvements and opportunities for automation.
- Plan and execute defined DevOps and related technical project tasks.
- Apply extensive knowledge of DevOps engineering principles and advanced techniques to manage the timely resolution of unprecedented issues.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts across the release lifecycle to obtain input and support for planned DevOps engineering activities.
- Must have 5 years of hands-on Unix/Linux experience that includes specific technical experience with CentOS / Red Hat systems administration support for large scale distributed environments
- Must have 2 years of Cloud experience in at least one of the following providers Amazon AWS, Google GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Must have cloud migration experience from on-premise datacenter to cloud platforms that includes assessments, cloud buildouts, optimization, support
- Must have 5 years of experience working as part of the DevOps or systems reliability engineering functions
- Must have 5 years with CI/CD and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub
- Must have open-source stack experience and knowledge of packaging, build/deploy, monitor, and upgrade, security controls
- Must have knowledge of one or more of applications stack but not limited to NodeJS, Angular, PHP, Java, .NET, Python etc.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience of docker containers and orchestration using Kubernetes
- Great understanding of networking concepts such as virtual networks, subnets, DNS, network hardening etc.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies, adopt and adapt to emerging technologies or needs from a project to a project
- Fundamental knowledge of data engineering technology stack or platforms including but not limited to Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Distributed Computing or similar big data applications/platforms is desired but not mandatory
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases, object storage, web servers, open source programming stack for Node.JS, R, Python, Java is desired but not mandatory
- Sound judgment, positive attitude, and creative outlook required.
- Cloud certifications is preferred but optional
- CCNA or CCNP or similar certifications is preferred but optional
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Statistics / Bioinformatics / Computational Biology or closely related field is desired but not mandatory
- 100% Medical Dental & Vision Coverage for Employees
- Educational Benefits for Career Growth
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401K Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The above is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job . This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job or responsibilities as needed.