Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior QA Engineer to join our Technology team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have experience with 2 years in the E-commerce/Retail industry, 2 years of manual/automation work, and end-to-end testing experience in an Agile environment. You will report to The QA Lead based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute software test specifications, test plans, test cases, and test scripts and present documentation to ensure technical completeness and accuracy for automation
- Perform hands-on manual testing for functionality and usability
- Help in planning an automation re-architecture effort & managing large-scale end-to-end testing/automation strategies while coordinating across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Analyze requirements, and perform ambiguity analysis to ensure that requirements meet design specifications and standards
- Identify and investigate issues found during testing, assist software engineers and product managers in troubleshooting, and update test cases based on discovered defects
- Contribute to standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts
- Optimize performance of test execution for backend, desktop, and mobile
- Support UAT initiatives by providing data setup, access, and troubleshooting issues
- Work as part of our agile team to deliver high-quality experiences for our users
Who you are:
- 5 years of progressive QA/testing experience
- 2 years experience in automation, creating scripts, execution, and troubleshooting using automation tools
- Have collaborated with cross-functional teams (i.e. developers, Product Managers, Marketing, etc.) to ensure testing as a first-class citizen from requirements to delivery
- Experience with various automation tools - test automation for mobile and web (i.e. Selenium, Puppeteer, Playwright, Cypress, etc.)
- You have a strong philosophy around QA, testing, and Automation. You know how to apply that to ensure the quality of our software
- You have used a project management system like Jira and have experience with content management systems
- You have designed, implemented, and maintained an automation framework
- You are proactive, detail-oriented, and are able to work on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using a secure platform that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.