Now is the time to become an Avidbotter!
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous robotics solutions. Our current product, Neo, is a fully autonomous floor scrubbing robot deployed and trusted by the world’s leading facilities, building services, and retail companies- and we aren’t stopping there! Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, Avidbots is a rapidly growing technology company, recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Deloitte's Fast 500. Take a look at what Neo can do!
About this role:
Our ideal candidate has background in research and development for products involving hardware and software, and has managed small scale projects in the past.
You have some experience in driving and passionate about organizing research and innovation projects in multi-disciplinary domains.You enjoy working highly technical professionals and are very organized and detailed on keeping track of the progress of the projects. You exercise effective communication and make sure the projects are on track and following the business objectives and goals.
The selected candidate will work in the ATG and directly report to the Team Lead
This can be a hybrid opportunity!
How you will make a difference:
• Motivate and manage the project team members to achieve the project objectives
• Work closely with the Product Management, Team Lead, Engineers through the formulation, initiation, execution, and closure of each R&D project
• Manage documentation, project tracking, risk management
• Establish baseline labour and expenses, including estimated material and contracting costs following the phase gate process
• Monitor and Control project scope, schedule, project labour and expenses throughout the project.
• Coordinate with supply chain, manufacturing and quality for new product introduction strategies and execution
• Produce status reports for all interested parties
• Communicate and manage critical milestones and timelines to the cross functional teams in engineering, manufacturing, and customer care
• Ensure the project team follows the phase-gate process
• Determine when to escalate issues and to whom
• Contribute to ATG R&D innovation process improvements
Key requirements and experience:
• BSc. or College degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Technology or equivalent
• Minimum of 1-2 years in project management role, mainly in product development, research and innovation.
• Basic experience in MS Project & ERP software
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, works well with diverse groups of people
• Basic understanding of manufacturing and supply-chain management concepts
• Understands new technological product development
Nice to Have:
• Robotics experience
• A passion for new product development
• Experience in managing autonomy software projects and SW development projects
• Experience with Jira, and Confluence
• Experience with overseas outsourcing and manufacturing
• Experience managing cost reduction initiatives
• Experience managing new technology acquisition projects
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the CANADA for any employer***
Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.
Upon request, Avidbots will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
The job skills required for Junior Project Manager include Project Management, Problem Solving, Written Communication, Innovation, Risk Management,and Process Improvement etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Junior Project Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Junior Project Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Junior Project Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Junior Project Manager for your reference.