Are you ready for a new rewarding career and a $1,000 hiring bonus? Then now is the time to join the staff at Aurora Plains Academy!!! We are currently seeking qualified, caring individuals to have a positive impact on the well-being of area youth.
Shift Supervisor Primary Objective:
Responsible for maintaining a building-wide therapeutic milieu and ensuring the safety and security of all occupants of Aurora Plains Academy.
Shift Supervisor Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure campus for residents, staff, and visitors.
a. Ensure all Emergency calls are responded to in a timely manner by, TSS and/or other emergency responders.
b. Provide direct crisis intervention in accordance with approved techniques.
c. Assist staff in providing proactive interventions.
2. Ensures adequate staff coverage for all units and TSS department.
a. Coordinate off-campus special events, visits, etc. communicate the schedule in a timely manner to staff.
b. Cover open Shift Supervisor/TSS shifts due to illness, vacation, tardiness, position vacancy, or emergencies.
3. Responsible for maintaining open and current communication between line staff, TSS Department, Unit Managers, Therapists, and Case Managers.
a. Assist other Shift Supervisors in preparing for daily pre-shift and TSS meetings.
4. Responsible for ongoing staff development.
a. Prepare, plan and implement training of staff in program facilitation and techniques.
Shift Supervisor Non-Essential Functions:
1. Maintain effective and efficient communication with the on-call therapist as needed.
2. At all times represent Aurora Plains Academy in a positive, professional manner.
3. Be a team member and develop positive and professional relationships with staff.
4. Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations established by Aurora Plains Academy as a condition of employment.
5. Ensure a safe and secure environment at all times. Utilize approved intervention techniques whenever necessary.
6. Understand and abide by laws and statutes governing child abuse and neglect reporting.
Prefer two (2) or more years of progressive management experience in a social service setting.
Responsible for direct supervision of TSS and indirect supervision of line staff.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Knowledgeable in local, state, and federal laws, including the South Dakota Department of Social Service and Department of Corrections guidelines.
3. Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
4. Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
5. Excellent supervisory skills; motivates and disciplines employees. Active involvement in the development of personnel and demonstrates strong leadership skills.
6. May not have on record a substantiated report of child abuse and neglect.
WAGE: $19 Per Hour
The job skills required for Shift Supervisor include Leadership, Communication Skills, Health care, outlook etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Shift Supervisor. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Shift Supervisor. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.