This position supports the Sales Director with a key focus on mining and growing existing customer accounts with relationship building and longer term plans. The position holder develop and maintain agent/forwarder accounts in order to maximize revenue generation to Polar Air Cargo.
- Represent Polar during outside sales meetings and events, arrange and attend sales calls and visits, in which fostering two ways communication to promote Polar products and offers and collect market intelligence and industrial trends
- Develop potential customers with the guidance from Sales Director
- Develop and implement the strategy and tactics for each customer, in consideration with local level allocations of global customer partnership program, to generate revenue that meet or exceed sales objective within the assigned territory by coordinating with other Polar Air Cargo departments, including Customer Service and Ground Operations, to match Polar’s objective with customers’ need
- Actively carry out promotional and loyalty programs as directed
- Provide spot rates in alignment with pricing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Accounting and agent/forwarders to resolve short pays, non-payments and CCA’s, including volume weights, and re-weights.
- Provide market information to Sales team, including pricing, market developments, industry marketing issues, forecasting and other information, along with RFQ/RFP, for enhancement of sales strategy and tactics
- Manage, control, measure and monitor all assigned territory expenses.
- Complete daily responsibilities, including weekly preplans, weekly sales reports, expense reports, contract rates, account records, profiles and any other general administrative duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- A minimum of two years of sales experience, preferably in air freight/transportation field, with understanding on air cargo industry, pricing, rates and competition.
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-Starter, self-motivated with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Understand and adheres to company operating policies, as appropriate to sales.
- Proven track record in sales achievement, or must have the ability to professionally and successfully assert himself/herself in a positive, well-disciplined manner in the achievement of revenue objectives from assigned accounts/customers.
- Ability to organize and plan sales calls to achieve revenue objectives and have the ability to analyze customer needs/markets and must be able to close customers.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement