The PT Assistant Manager is responsible for the execution of all operational, merchandising and managerial functions that occur within the store during their assigned shift. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will serve as the manager-on-duty charged with all daily operational responsibilities and supervision of Sales Associates for the store to which they are assigned.
Major Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions*
• Drive sales to achieve and exceed financial plan.
• Assist Store Manager in evaluating the business and take proactive steps to improve results.
• Assist in setting and monitoring store goals (individual, daily, weekly).
• Assist in managing store expenses.
• Ensure all funds and merchandise are handled according to Company policy and procedure.
• Assist in maintaining final report accountability for store operations, associate development and financial contribution.
• Assist with scheduling a minimum of 1 grass-root event per quarter.
• Effectively manage merchandise.
• Must effectively market externally to build their business.
• Utilizes social media to drive traffic to stores for events, recruiting and generation of sales
• Assist Store Manager with scheduling a minimum of 1 grass-root event per quarter
• Assist Store Manager with driving PLCC and email capture
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to all customers.
• Properly zone store for optimum selling and customer experience.
• Serve as product knowledge expert to educate customers and Associates.
• Successfully model the Company values; hold all Associates accountable to do the same.
• Serve as a role model to all Associates for exceptional customer service through customer experience.
• Serve as manager on duty in the absence of the Store Manager and Full Time Assistant Manager.
• Communicate with Store Manager and Full Time Assistant Manager on areas of importance.
• Conduct Take 5’s to ensure all Associates are updated on daily Company and store communications.
• Maintain the highest standards in store operations in relation to the Policy and Procedures manual.
• Partner with store Associates to ensure the neatness, maintenance and cleanliness of the store.
• Execute merchandise displays and visuals to enhance the Brand.
• Assist in placing supply orders and monitoring inventory levels.
• Effectively manage time for self and Associates.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 – 2 years prior retail experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to apply retail math principles.
• Excellent computer skills and ability to use a POS system.
• High level of initiative and accountability.
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
• Detail oriented; consistently meets deadlines.
• Essential Work Requirements:
This position requires the ability to:
• Ability to lift 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, bending and stretching frequently
. • Stand for periods of 8 – 10 hours a day.
• Use ladders or other equipment, for the purpose of store and merchandising maintenance.
• Work a flexible schedule to include some holidays, most weekends and/or late evenings.
• Minimal travel may be required, e.g. district meetings, banking duties.
IV. Interaction; (peer, supervisor, direct reports)
• Daily interaction across all divisions/levels.
V. Organization Chart (reports to)
VI. Other Any additional information not covered above
Ashley Stewart was founded in 1991. Beginning with the first store in Brooklyn, New York, the Ashley Stewart brand captured the hearts and minds of women searching for fashion-forward, well-tailored but affordable clothing in an easily accessible and welcoming environment.
Today, our customers are able to shop the brand in retail stores across the United States and on-line through our website, www.ashleystewart.com. The website has enabled Ashley Stewart to grow internationally and customers are now able to interact with fellow customers across many different forms of social media. Ashley Stewart will continue to deliver fashion forward style and flattering fit for the trend-savvy, curvy and confident woman.
We believe in a set of core values grounded in fair play, hard work, teamwork and integrity. We believe that success comes from a group of people planning and executing in unison each and every day. We believe that Ashley Stewart exists solely because our customers trust and believe in what the brand stands for. Ashley Stewart stands for confidence, self-esteem, sexiness, class, and sisterhood. Everything we do as a Company is for our customer. Our customer looks at each and every employee as if she/he is Ashley Stewart, a trusted confidante and best friend. Ashley Stewart is as much about a shopping experience, whether it is in the stores or on-line, as it is about merchandise. Ashley Stewart stands for confidence and acceptance.
A job function should be considered essential if: (1) the position exists to perform that function, or (2) there are a limited number of available employees among whom the function can be distributed, or (3) the function is so highly specialized that the incumbent in the position was hired for their ability to perform that function.
FOR JOB EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION USE ONLY
1 Non-Exempt Approved Grade: Compensation Approval: Date:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an all-inclusive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.