School Clerical and Human Resources Assistant
Arts In Action Schools is currently looking for a Human Resources Assistant to join our team. At Arts in Action, your role is crucial. The HR Assistant will work with the Executive Director, HR Director and School Directors to implement systems, provide excellent service, provide resources and a compliant and positive work environment at Art in Action.
ABOUT US: Arts in Action Community Charter School opened in the Fall of 2011 with grades K-5. Arts in Action Middle School opened in Fall of 2016 and serves grades 6-8. We aim to provide a rigorous academic foundation while developing the whole child through a rich arts program, a daily socio-emotional learning component, and by modeling advocacy through social justice initiatives. For more information on the school’s mission and vision, please see www.artsinactioncharter.org.
OUR MISSION: To empower, prepare, and inspire students in Los Angeles to achieve their highest potential and become active citizens who work toward building a more just, humane, and sustainable world by providing a democratic, arts-enriched, and nurturing school environment.
POSITION: Schools in Action is recruiting a School Clerical and Human Resources Assistant. The School Clerical and HR Assistant is responsible, but not limited to, providing administrative support to the HR Director and School Directors. The position is entry level. At this level, assignments are generally limited in scope and are performed within a procedural framework established by the HR Director. As an entry-level HR assistant, you will:
- Serve as a point-person for initial human resources requests including:
- Clock-in/clock-out issues
- Information about where to access HR forms and resources
- General HR questions/requests for information
- Sending new hire announcements to school managers after the successful completion of employee onboarding
- Providing school managers with the onboarding checklist and ensuring completion of the onboarding checklist.
- Coordinating/ new hire mandated orientation (welcome announcements) and training sessions
- Overseeing Vector Schools training completion by tracking participation, sending reminders and generating reports
- Maintaining and updating employee demographic, time and attendance records through:
- Organizing Paychex training for new and existing employees
- Collecting notifications of overtime and timecard adjustments
- Troubleshooting difficulties with the timecard system
- Assisting in periodic audits of timecards and employee contact information
- Assisting with the collection of data and data analysis on human resources needs
- Assisting with the organization and review of compliance deadlines and materials
- Assisting with the agency’s public records requests, including coordination and tracking responses
- Assisting with mailing credentialing applications and other correspondence
- Assisting in ensuring that Human Resources policies and procedures are being followed
- Assisting with required employee rights postings
- School Culture
- Assisting in Human Resources school culture initiatives
- Assisting with the creation of the Human Resources monthly newsletter
- Clerical and School Support:
- Assisting with a variety of office and school related on-site tasks including, as needed, the supervision of children, and supporting the needs of families, students and staff.
- Providing and assisting with logistical coordination and organizing agency-wide meetings and special events, including scheduling and room set up
- Serving as a day to day assistant to the school directors including periodic coverage/support with students
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Entry level position, 2 years office experience (highly preferable)
- AA degree in a related field such as human resources or business laws (preferable)
- Must be able to travel to different school/office sites (reimbursement for travel expenses is provided)
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Experience handling and maintaining the security of confidential documents and managing confidential information
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus!
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to take initiative and work independently or with minimal supervision
Compensation: $18.00 and up depending on experience
Arts in Action Community Charter School is non-sectarian in its programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and all other operations, shall not charge tuition, and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, religion or sexual orientation, either actual or perceived.