Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To develop, direct, and maintain a quality activities program that enriches the lives of the seniors in our community as well as to provide five-star customer service.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Responsibility for assisting in the design, organization, and evaluation of a planned activity program. The activity program will be written, planned in advance, kept up to date, and made available to all residents.
- Overseeing the supervision of caregivers involved in activities.
- Ensure that activities shall foster and maintain independent functioning and develop and maintain planned activities.
- Arrange for utilization of community resources through contact with organizations and volunteers to promote resident participation in community centered activities.
- Manages all social activities in and out of the community.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the community, including a detailed understanding of each resident’s unique interests, hobbies, history, and personal challenges.
- Develop and maintain a resident book, including photograph and contact information of each resident (to remain at the front desk).
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the community and your department.
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADLs and social skills, communicate potential difficulties, or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- When called upon, participate in care planning and other meetings, formal and informal.
- Encourage and motivate residents in all areas, providing assistance when necessary.
- Plan daily schedule to maximize interaction with residents.
- Participate in all training offered by employer.
- Assist in monitoring emergency call system and respond via set protocol.
- Coordinate, participate in, assist, and support the resident’s council by holding meetings so residents may voice their concerns and suggestions, and in turn, respond to issues raised by the residents.
- Develop written plan of monthly activities, providing activities 7 days-a-week, including evening and night programming.
- Direct, coordinate, approve/plan, schedule, implement, and evaluate resident activities, while ensuring a wide range of activity and leisure programs that meet the residents’ physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs.
- Create and publish a monthly or bi-monthly activities calendar and newsletter for distribution inside and outside of the community and on the community web page.
- Manage, orientate, direct, coordinate, implement, and evaluate the facility volunteer program and actively promote the recruitment of new volunteers.
- Develop and maintain resident transportation schedule including, but not limited to, trips to doctor, social and community events and other out-of-community activities.
- Maintain current CDL to assist in transportation.
- Maintain department with budgeted guidelines.
- Interview new residents at time of arrival and existing residents periodically to discover activity interests and develop programs to fit interests of the majority of the resident population.
- Organize leisure time activities such as games, puzzles, movies, etc.
- Coordinate special outside activities including scenic drives, luncheon and dinner outings, shopping, and field trips on a weekly basis.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with other therapy programs (e.g. pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy), and to connect the community with the city and county community resources.
- Supervise and operate the country store, in conjunction with the business director, purchase inventory, account for monies and suggest inventory changes according to the residents’ needs/wishes.
- Decorate the community for all special events, holidays, and parties.
- Participate in the manager on duty schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Shall have had at least one year of experience in conducting group activities and be knowledgeable in evaluating resident needs, supervising other employees, and in training volunteers.
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and supervision appropriate to the residents.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from tuberculosis shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insured’s policy.
- Must have CDL license.