Manufacturing/Process Engineer, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure Flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, AR., at Armtec’s world-class facility for decoy countermeasure Flares.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE:TDG
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Manufacturing/Process Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: Engineers, mid-level Managers and Supervisors
Location: Located in Lillington, North Carolina, with regular contact with other Armtec Business Units
• Responsible for technical assignments in support of Production or Research & Development, as directed by the Engineering Manager to ensure quality and delivery of aluminized glass fiber based RF decoys. Solve problems along with other departments concerning manufacturing processes, equipment and machinery necessary for the continuous improvement of safety, quality and productivity.
• Support continuous improvement of manufacturing processes to make aluminized glass fiber based RF decoys.
• Identifies and manages projects for renovating or upgrading processes to increase safety, efficiency, reliability, and capacity. This includes project scoping, cross-function communication, managing timelines, and equipment acceptance testing/commissioning.
• Work with integrated teams as well as external vendors to develop new processes and equipment
• Conduct failure analysis to determine and root cause and develop creative solutions to problems.
• Design tools and equipment to support manufacturing needs
• Conduct prototype and engineering tests for design verification
• Oversee testing and qualification of mechanical assemblies.
• Lead the implementation activities for the introduction of new and advanced projects into manufacturing.
• Compile pertinent statistical data to examine trends that would lead to the improvement of processes and/or reduce operational costs.
• Assists in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
• Assist in the composition of manufacturing SOP’s and visual work instructions.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards.
• Must be a U.S. person
• Minimum of BS degree in Engineering, or related field of study.
• Minimum 2 years industry experience
• Must be resourceful and creative pertaining to equipment and processes design related to aluminized glass fiber manufacture and applications.
• Self-motivated with a high level of responsibility and drive
• Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
• Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
• Able to interface and work productively with all employees.
• Sound ability to analyze data and write technical reports.
• Proficiency with 3D modeling (Creo) and/or AutoCAD is a plus
• DOD experience preferred.
4/10 work week
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
The job skills required for Process Engineer include Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Processes, Responsibility, Communication Skills, Process Manufacturing, AutoCAD etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Process Engineer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Process Engineer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.