Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference.
For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced control systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture.
Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
The Service Technologist I am responsible for troubleshooting, configuring, and resolving software and hardware issues for horticulture equipment controlled by Argus systems. The technologist is expected to work with a level of independence and be able to provide guidance to technicians but may require occasional support from a senior service technologist. A key objective of this role is to foster positive customer relationships by responding to all inquiries in a timely manner with the most accurate information possible using the appropriate media.
Reports to: Service Lead
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Act as the initial point of contact and provide a timely response for all customer service requests using the service desk system.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, configure, and resolve software and hardware issues for horticulture equipment for existing Argus projects in collaboration with technical personnel, business professionals, and clients.
- Interpret customer requirements and technical documentation applicable to equipment control for indoor and outdoor greenhouse facilities.
- Provide technical input resulting in operational decisions for horticultural facilities.
- Process returns merchandise authorizations and standard replacement parts orders.
- Produce technical documentation for system audits.
- Provide guidance on the technical and operational specifications of Argus-related equipment for internal and external customers.
- Maintained logs and resolution reports for all service tickets and calls.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively apply basic principles of project management.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Jira/Confluence, ERP Systems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 1 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent)
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.