We are seeking a skilled and motivated IT Governance Manager to join our Arch Managed Infrastructure Services (AMIS) team. The IT Governance Manager helps to assess, report, and drive actions that improve the overall performance of IT. The role drives improvements to the governance process within AMIS, works with governance teams in business units we support, matures the Agile framework and practices, refines financial management, and supports compliance initiatives. The ideal candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized, possess strong analytical skills, and be proficient at driving results across teams.
- Collect metrics and key performance indicators from stakeholders within IT, validate the data, and prepare materials to support the AMIS IT Governance Committee and participate in corporate and business unit governance committees
- Monitor Agile practices and collect metrics to improve execution and drive refinement of our IT Product maturity model
- Participate in audits and compliance initiatives, such as SOC2 and SOX, working with infrastructure teams, information security, internal audit, business units, and external parties
- Lead the AMIS Change Management function to control production changes and coordinate with business unit change managers
- Support and enhance annual budgeting, cost management, and ongoing cloud cost optimization processes, coordinating with business units we support
- Drive process and procedure documentation to support the compliance function
- Ensure visibility, escalation, and management of IT risks inherent in the delivery of AMIS technology services
- Work collaboratively with other corporate oversight functions to identify and implement consistent and effective approaches to risk governance and control-based activities
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience specific to IT project/program management or governance
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both individuals and groups
- Organized and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Very strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of IT governance processes
- Experience conducting or responding to audits such as SOC2, SOX, PCI, etc.
- Experience in regulated industries, particularly financial services or insurance
- Experience managing large information technology initiatives at the enterprise level
- Proficient at leading technical employees without direct supervision responsibility
- Strong working knowledge of Agile tools such as Jira
- Working knowledge of ITSM tools such as ServiceNow
- Hands-on experience developing opex and capex budgets in excess of $30MM
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud cost management tools such as CloudHealth
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or related field, preferred
- Certification in Agile methods
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis. Arch Capital Services LLC provides support and expertise to entities across ACGL to help them operate effectively and efficiently.
With a company culture rooted in collaboration, expertise, and innovation, we aim to promote progress and inspire our clients, employees, investors and communities to achieve their greatest potential. Our work is the catalyst that helps others achieve their goals. In short, We Enable Possibility℠.
Our Values — to work hard and smart, embrace the power of teamwork, continually pursue innovation and improvement, exhibit honest and integrity in all we do, and strive to make a difference — define and shape our behaviors and our culture.
We believe a diverse workforce and commitment to inclusivity help fuel our success. Our people are one of our greatest strengths, and we strive to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent with career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about #TeamArch and #LifeAtArch on our Careers page or on LinkedIn.