Founded in 1967, Applied Technical Services has established a reputation with business, industry, and the legal profession for successfully uncovering facts in Metallurgy and Materials Testing, Chemical Analysis, Non-destructive Testing, Forensic and Consulting Engineering, Fire and Explosion Investigations, and Calibration Services. ATS has over 1,300 employees in over 50 locations, across 21 subsidiary companies and over $250,000,000 in annual revenue. Our vision is to become the industry leader in providing expert consulting and forensic engineering, testing, inspection and calibration services.
Business Development Manager
We are currently seeking a career oriented, self-motivated person for a business development role based in the Houston, TX area. The primary goal would be to sell a variety of consulting engineering services to clients in the commercial building market.
Responsibilities would include:
· Generation of new project leads
· Proposal writing and proposal follow-up
· Participation in industry associations (i.e., BOMA, IFMA, etc.)
· Develop relationships with existing and prospective clients
· Perform site visits at potential project locations to gather and develop proposal information
· The primary geographical region of responsibility would consist of the Houston , TX area
· Previous experience with success in selling goods and/or services to the commercial office building and/or high-rise residential market required. Other industries with a similar client base include elevator, disaster recovery, building maintenance services, commercial roofing, office moving, commercial construction or remodeling, commercial catering or food services etc. Candidates with existing customer contacts in these or similar industries would be preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) and good communication skills desired.
· College degree preferred.
· “U.S. Persons” Only: A requirement of this position is access to information that is subject to U.S. export controls under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Accordingly, the company will consider only “U.S. Persons” for this position. A “U.S. Person” includes (a) U.S. citizens or nationals; (b) U.S. lawful permanent residents (i.e., “green card” holders); (c) persons granted refugee status; or (d) persons granted asylum in the United States. This information is collected solely for purposes of complying with U.S. export control requirements and will not be used to unlawfully discriminate in the hiring process.
Compensation: Compensation would be a combination of a base salary plus a quarterly sales commission.
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Any compensation information shown with this posting is automatically generated by Indeed, LinkedIn or other job posting aggregators and not provided by ATS.
SODDY DAISY, TN
200 - 500
$50M - $200M
ATS is a technical service consulting firm that provides engineering, NDT testing, reconstruction, inspection and calibration services for businesses.
The job skills required for Business Development include Business Development, Communication Skills, Consulting, Microsoft Office, Analysis, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Business Development. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Business Development. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Business DevelopmentView Jobs
Communication SkillsView Jobs
Microsoft OfficeView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Business Development positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Business Development, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Business Development Associate III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Business Development. You can explore the career advancement for a Business Development below and select your interested title to get hiring information.