Andretti Indoor Karting & Games is seeking an Executive Kitchen Manager to join the team at the The Colony, Dallas Texas location
The Executive Kitchen Manager will be responsible for the leadership of the Andretti Indoor Karting & Games Culinary department with a focus on staffing, scheduling & training of hourly staff, cost control, food quality standards, operational procedures, sanitation & cleanliness, health department compliance and staff motivation.
The Executive Kitchen Manager will take ownership of a high volume culinary department and work to create an environment that encourages ownership and accountability by Team Members.
- Lead the unit Culinary Department with integrity and purpose
- Empower staff to deliver exceptional legendary service
- Always support the Andretti Indoor Karting and Games Motto “Striving for Perfection; Achieving Excellence”
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly operations: food product ordering, staffing, scheduling, cleanliness, organization, service timing, and quality product.
- Ensure banquets, buffets and event culinary offerings are consistent with AIKG standards and specifications
- Responsible for compliance with all environment and health board requirements related to the preparation and service of food and beverage
- Responsible for the development of Culinary Staff and Supervisors
- Manage staff training and employee relations
- Assure that Culinary Staff morale is maintained at a high level
- Take an active part in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Manage Culinary department labor and food costs within acceptable budgets
- Ensure site inspections are within acceptable standards
- Manage organization and cleanliness of all food storage, kitchen, and food service areas
- Work closely with Sales Department to ensure proper scheduling and planning for Events
- Oversee, maintain and inventory Culinary Department equipment
Andretti Indoor Karting & Games – Speed out of the pits and let AIKG be the racetrack for your winning Management Career
Andretti Indoor Karting & Games (AIKG) is a rapidly growing Family Entertainment company. Our six AIKG locations feature high-speed, high-tech indoor Karting on multilevel tracks, multi-player immersive Virtual Reality Simulators, Arcade fun, and amazing restaurants & event spaces featuring scratch cocktails and culinary creations crafted in our kitchens.
We currently have six locations in Florida, Texas & Georgia, and Corporate Support offices in Orlando and Atlanta.
- Executive KM salary range $60-$70k range plus bonus
- AIKG has the BEST staff, so managers work with and lead motivated professionals!
- Personal/Family Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- $1000 company paid Health Savings Account
- Vacation and Sick time accrued during the first year
- 401k retirement program with generous company match
- $25K Company provided Life Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident, Critical Illness and Voluntary Life Insurance
Executive Kitchen Manager Qualifications
- Experience leading high-volume kitchens
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Work varying days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Eligible to work in the United States
- At least 18 years of age
Preferred and great to have:
- Five years of Kitchen management in a high volume environment
- Five years of private event experience
- Experience working with an event sales team
- Experience with multi-unit, or multi-site strongly preferred
- HACCP or Serv-Safe food safety trained and certificate
- Proven leadership and team skills; ability to motivate and manage all levels of staff
- Strong training and development background
- Strong knowledge of cost controls
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an Andretti Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk or stand for extended periods of time
- The ability to communicate quickly and accurately
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular basis
- Perform functions which require organization, bending, reaching, turning, lifting, climbing and occasional stocking up to 50lbs
- The work environment may include bright, dim or flashing lights and loud sounds
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Be able to understand, follow and maintain safety standards at all times