Anatolia is a leading global Brand, manufacturer, importer and distributor of wall and flooring products to some of the largest Retailers and Distributors throughout Canada, the United States and Europe. Based in Toronto, Anatolia is a privately owned 100% Canadian corporation that is not only one of the largest players within the industry, but also continues to grow rapidly year after year. Each year since 2018, Anatolia has won the Canada’s Best Managed Companies award for being amongst the best-in-class of Canadian owned and managed companies and have now become a Gold Standard winner in 2021 for winning this award for 4 consecutive years.
The AP Specialist in Accounts Payable is responsible for managing the full cycle accounting process with an emphasis on accounts payable. The role is responsible for processing invoices and ensuring all payments are made with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services and perform three way matching while ensuring proper general ledger coding is applied
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare and enter batches of invoices in SAP and perform inventory matching
- Verify, reconcile, obtain backup or approval, apply GL coding, and process invoices
- Process, recalculate and verify charges such as ETR 407 and utility bills
- Scan and file all invoices into our centralized repository (Laserfische)
- Email EFT remittances to vendors per payment batch
- Reconcile credit card statement, ensure proper approval is attached, provide HST breakdown and GL coding
- Process high volume of freight type invoices
- Perform detailed reconciliation for invoices, dispute incorrect invoices such as incorrect rates
- Create payment EFT payment proposals bi-weekly
- Assists with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role with AP experience
- Working experience with SAP FI module is required
- Computer proficiency, including advanced working skills of MS Office, specifically excel (reporting v-lookup and pivot table)
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently where required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- High attention to detail, results oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of emotional intelligence for enhanced performance and conflict resolution
- Physical effort is light and rare
- Sitting for extended periods of time at a workstation required
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Anatolia. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes.
At Anatolia we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed