ABOUT THE COMPANY: American Expediting is the nation's premier custom transport provider. Our people are smart, creative problem-solvers dedicated to crafting custom transport, logistics, warehousing, and distribution solutions for some of the world's most dynamic brands. Our reputation for excellence is hard-earned, with 99.3% on-time delivery performance for mission-critical, time-critical shipments. And our focus on continuous innovation means we're always ready to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
OBJECTIVE: We are currently seeking a Region Manager to handle day-to-day regional operations. This person will have experience in home delivery services, warehouse management, process development, team building, courier management, to include experience in life science deliveries.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Region Manager role is a key role, responsible for facilitating the operational direction of our Field Operational sites. The Region Manager is responsible for driving efficiency and seamless process while also driving initiatives to improve the business and generate value achieving company financial/ operations metrics. This position will provide direction and leadership for their Regional teams and build strategic partnerships with customers.
REPORTS TO: The position reports directly to the National Director of Operations
- Lead a high-performance Operations Manager team to achieve operational goals, targets and service level requirements
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to Operations Managers and Supervisors to build local ground customer network to complement national and wholesale business; identify local competition; hold team members accountable
- Focus on operational excellence and controlling QA and CAPAs
- Lead a work environment that promotes customer service
- Lead a flawless implementation of new business opportunities
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of internal/ external customers to ensure long-term and successful partnerships
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to identify problems, create solutions and improve overall performance
- Drive implementation of Safety and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Create an environment that fosters open and positive communication
- Ensure the safety, security and effective operations of warehousing and distribution
- Ensure Independent Contractors (ICs) are in place, onboarded and trained properly; consistently assess needs
- Ensure all associates, ICs, vendors, etc., are educated and adhering to all safety and security standards
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience managing operations
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the discipline of business management, supply chain, transportation or related area of study or equivalent experience
- 50% travel required
- Leading operations of a multi-site organization in the transportation or logistics industry
- Complex project leadership and business process development
- Proven track record of integrating cross functional teams consisting of both internal and external (or 3rd party) resources.
- Initiates innovative solutions, embracing change and challenging the status quo
- Proven ability to develop teams and drive focus and critical factors to attain short and long-term goals and aspirations
- Demonstrated track record of driving results in difficult situations and implements strategies in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Extremely effective communicator, ability to clearly articulate program objectives and outcomes at all levels of the organization and drive with simplicity and clarity the key decisions that need to be made
- Effectively leverage an independent contractor resource network
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to relate up and down the organization and drive critical decision making
- Able to analyze risk and clearly articulate both mitigation plans and impact
- Proven ability to proactively diffuse tense situations and address differences of opinion, priority, culture and goals
- Impactful decision-making skills to evaluate options and determine a path forward with limited information
- Results oriented leader who enables the team to develop and grow while ensuring successful project outcomes.
- Relevant domain knowledge (business model, operations strategy, technology)
- Organization and planning of complex workstreams
- Leadership and influence cross functionally