Job Location: Unitec Elevator - Long Island City, NY
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: BS-Bachelor of Science
Salary Range: $145,000.00 - $175,000.00 Salary
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Job Category: Management
Unitec Elevator is a part of American Elevator Group (AEG) company, a collection of well-established elevator service companies operating across the United States. Backed by Arcline Investment Management, AEG has a significant footprint in the elevator industry and is rapidly growing. To help drive our continued growth, we are seeking to add a Director, Service in the Greater NYC area.
The Director, Service will lead and direct the performance of field service operations for all maintenance, contractual service and repairs, and billable repair. Areas of responsibility include field education training, route control and scheduling, authorization of repair orders, quality assurance and the customer, safety, technical support, and expenditure of labor, materials, and other assets.
- Evaluate key resources and make recommendations for the Maintenance and Repair Departments. Hire, manage, train, and develop team members.
- Accountable for the outgoing quality, safety and efficacy of all maintenance and repair services, compliance with all applicable specifications, standard operating procedures, and applicable regulatory bodies.
- Review monthly staffing budget and determine route loading.
- Establish and maintain scheduling for route coverage, night, and weekend on-calls, etc.
- Establish processes and standard operating procedures and report on KPI’s.
- Support and build reporting for the Maintenance and Repair Departments.
- Support and report on excessive calls and entrapments.
- Establish daily huddles for entrapments, repeat calls, and any other critical topics.
- Establish and track required maintenance and repair for trouble devices.
- Support service contract management.
- Support violation remediation and management.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other certification requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Physical Demands:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to travel to job sites and attend meetings at multiple locations as required. Travel up to 50%.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field required.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience required.
- Strong leadership abilities with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build a cohesive team.
- Must have exceptional multitasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish strong relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word.