Join the American Bank team! We are a small, privately-owned community bank that delivers high-quality experiences tailored to each individual and business. We empower our employees to work in the best interest of customers, give back to their communities, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. We also like to have fun.
Please Consider Applying Through This Link: https://americanbankmontana.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Reports To: Assistant Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Summary: The Universal Banker is a resourceful, customer service-oriented person who handles many different complex banking products and services. People in this role must be able to troubleshoot computer banking systems, handle and solve novel banking problems, and use their resourcefulness to seek out quick guidance to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Full Health Insurance
- 401k (5% match!)
- Numerous other employee benefits!
The primary responsibility of a Universal Banker is to provide exceptional customer service. The primary duties of a Universal Banker are:
- Represent American Bank in a courteous, professional manner.
- Obtain and maintain a working understanding of all products and services sold by American Bank
- Interview customers who come into the bank seeking banking services. Handles the details of transactions. Prepares necessary documents. Follows up to ascertain that all documents are completed and returned and that customers are satisfied.
- Handle accounts, including installment loans, checking, savings, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, and other retail banking services. Services these accounts by making loans, opening new accounts, cross-selling services, resolving problems and so on. Is responsible for account retention.
- Contact current bank customers to solicit new business in person or by mail or phone to meet specific goals as outlined for each personal banker to expand retail bank services. Is responsible for attaining established monthly and yearly loan and deposit goals.
- Review overdrawn checking accounts daily for paying or returning checks, or closing accounts. Contacts customers for disposition of accounts.
- Resolve customer problems. Obtains information, researches records and follows up on details to resolve the matter to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Work to collect delinquent loans.
- Assist in answering telephones.
- Perform all account maintenance activities requested by customers and management
- Participate in an outside service organization to promote the community and to advance the image of American Bank
- Satisfactorily complete all required compliance bank training and comply with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position.
On An As Needed Basis:
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enter transactions into bank records via an on-line teller terminal
- Cash checks and pay money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspect all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, etc. to determine their negotiability.
- Accept loan payments of all types ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Sell bank products for fee income. Examples include:
Money Orders Statement Copies
Cashier Checks Photocopies
Stop Payments Gift Cards
- Redeem cash items for deposit or cash. An example is Savings Bonds
- Promote bank services and cross-sell bank products
- Provide information for customers regarding accounts and products upon proper verification
- Balance cash and negotiable items
Other duties or responsibilities that may be designated to the Universal Banker, and may or may not be location specific in the market area.
- Assist in developing a branch business plan and setting individual goals and objectives for this position.
- Assist in the opening and/or closing of the branch
- Combination and key control
- Opening and processing night depository, ATM and /or cash dispensers
- Control of negotiable instruments
- Internal audit of cash and negotiable instruments
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed
Expectations regarding performance:
The following minimum requirements are expected for the Universal Banker:
- Ability to portray a professional image and provide prompt quality service to all customers.
- Proficient and effective operation of the telephone system; bank computer system including Microsoft Word, Excel, Jack Henry, and E-Mail; calculator; photocopier; and fax machine.
- Ability to open, close and perform maintenance on all deposit account products
- To sell all products ethically, based upon the needs of the customer and within the parameters established by American Bank.
- Developing new business through calling programs, and by participating in at least one outside service organization
- Meeting the goals and objectives set by management
- If requested, certification for sales of life, disability, and credit life and disability insurance.
- Balancing cash within the designated guidelines
- Maintain cash within established limits to reduce the bank’s exposure to loss.
- Adherence to bank policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Interpersonal skills to represent American Bank in a positive manner
- Critical sensory abilities are: seeing, hearing/listening, touching, and speaking
- Mental effort requirements include: reading, writing, basic arithmetic, mathematics, visualizing conclusions, analyzing data, searching for solutions, and conducting research.
- Physical dexterity requirements include operating general office equipment such as teller machine, telephone, computer, coin counter, check encoder, currency counter, cash advance machine, teller capture scanner, document imaging scanner, calculator, typewriter, photocopier, fax machine, and postage machine.
- Become registered on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)
- Work environment is indoors in a clean atmosphere with normal noise levels.
- Physical requirements include: standing for long periods when providing customer service, sitting, walking and must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs. waist high and 20 lbs. shoulder high.
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure is required.
- Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition – robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.
Pay Grade: 8
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.