ALS is one of the world’s largest and most diversified testing and technical services providers, with sites strategically located in more than 350 locations, in 55 countries, and on six continents providing accurate and timely services to clients in the life sciences, food, pharmaceutical and minerals market sectors, with employees located in multiple sites across the USA. Our corporate headquarters is in Brisbane, Australia however we have a Global Operations (Corporate) center in Houston, Texas.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Position Duties and Scope:
The network architect is responsible for the design of the ALS network as well as assisting with the management and monitoring of the network. The network architect will work in collaboration with the network engineers, network administrators as well as other IT and business partners in the design, installation, and configuration of the network to achieve the established business and security requirements. The architect will assess the existing network technologies to improve the overall network performance, security, and efficiency. The architect will recommend changes wherever required to achieve optimal performance and improved security. The architect will participate in IT network audits and make recommendations for remediation of audit findings. The architect will follow a proper design methodology and framework to ensure that all areas of IT are represented properly including applications, infrastructure, security, operations, and disaster recovery / business continuity. The architect will also lead the development of network reference architecture for the organization.
- Design, install and support of Routing, Switching and Security/VPN technologies in the WAN/LAN environment.
- Lead the design process with the ability to work effectively as part of the network team
- Assess business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks
- Collaborate with business analysts, network engineers, applications developers, and security analysts to create detailed requirements
- Review solution requirements for reasonability and conformance to project constraints. Ensure that the project scope is aligned to the agreed deliverable, identify divergence of scope and escalate to the appropriate managers
- Closely work with the development, security and vendor teams to ensure tight alignment of objectives and expectations. Ensure that the developed solution matches the required solution
- Develop preliminary and final network design documentation including Visio Diagrams of the defined solution and any relevant written documentation that will support and drive the final solution
- Work with the business unit project managers and user base to determine changes that will be required to implement approved service request.
- Maintain data about the reference architectures used to implement, keep all network architecture and supporting documentation current
- Assist in change management and problem management processes as the business needs arise
- Assist in the collection, storage, and reporting of measurement data.
- Assess and troubleshoot network architecture and make recommendations for enhancements that will improve network performance, security, and efficiency.
- Participate in other value-added operational processes such as project planning, staffing, testing, and quality assurance.
- Special projects/assignments as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNP or CCIE) is preferred
- 7 years of network engineering and network architecture related experience with in-depth exposure in designing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting complex networks within a large enterprise environment.
- Solid Understanding and hands-on experience with routing protocols (e.g., EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP) in a mixed environment.
- Experience in Access Control Lists, Firewalls, VPN technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, VOIP, QoS, Enterprise Wireless technologies, and other security technologies.
- Experience working with managed service provider
- Experience in Network monitoring and management tools.
- Strong experience with SDWAN technologies
- Strong ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Knowledge and experience in creating and updating Network Visio Diagrams
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure and meet deadlines; the ability to manage and keep track of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergencies, program changes or production requirements.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of obtaining network statistical information.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated ability to communicate technology concepts to non-technology personnel
ALS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan: 401(k) and Roth contributions with a company match after 6 months of employment
- Paid Time Off, Vacation
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Other: Ancillary benefits
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster