You haven't searched anything yet.
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, in the kitchen or dining room to do the routine work involved in food preparation, cooking and serving; to do a variety of cleaning, washing, and routine manual tasks involved in food preparation and serving; to keep dining areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; and to do related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Washes dishes, pots, and pans either by hand or using dish washing and pot washing machines.
2. Cleans stoves, steam kettles, ovens, and other standing kitchen equipment; sweeps and mops floors; removes dirty dishes from dining tables to the kitchen; cleans tables and chairs, and other general cleaning such as refrigerators or cupboards.
3. Prepares adult formulas and tube feedings, assembling, measuring, and mixing ingredients such as milk, dextri-maltose, and lonolac; prepares special diets as ordered by doctors, grinding and otherwise preparing and cooking meat, vegetables and other foods, assembling and weighing them according to recipe; labels formulas, special diets, and tub feedings.
4. Assists in the preparation of salads according to instructions; cuts and chops nuts, fruits, and vegetables and prepares salad dressings.
5. Pushes loaded food carts from kitchen to wards or dining areas, returns food carts and dirty dishes; loads and unloads food carts into delivery van in making deliveries to and from kitchen to dining areas.
6. Cleans, peels, and cuts vegetables by hand and by using electrically powered peelers, dicers, and slicers.
7. Unloads food supplies from delivery trucks, stacks them in proper storage places, and keeps storage room clean.
8. Receives, inspects, transports, and stores food staples, vegetables, dairy products and other foods and kitchen supplies.
9. Sets up cafeteria food line, turning on steam tables, putting out utensils and keeping serving line supplied with food; dishes up and serves food in cafeteria tray line; works in a kitchen or dining area keeping food hot, cooking eggs, coffee, toast, bacon and other short orders, such as pancakes.
10. Makes up trays for patients’ or juveniles special diets; weighs servings, obtains special items, dishes up food according to diet required, and labels for specified patient.
11. On a relief basis or as a trainee, assists a Cook or relieves a Senior Food Service Worker or diet clerk.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six months of experience in either serving or assisting in the preparation of food or washing dishes, pots, pans in a large cafeteria or dining room.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Some positions may require a valid California driver’s license.
200 - 500
$50M - $200M
Alameda Health System is the East Bay's premier patient and family-centered care system. Our trauma center and teaching hospital are considered among the best in the country. We are committed to continually improving health through individual patient experiences. Our mission, Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All, speaks to the vital role we play in the community and the critical responsibility we accept in promoting wellness, eliminating disparities and optimizing the health of a diverse East Bay. Our facilities include Highland Hospital, a regional trauma center and teaching hospital, John ...George Psychiatric Hospital, an acute and emergency care facility, Fairmont Hospital, an acute rehabilitation hospital and skilled nursing facility, longtime community-based hospitals San Leandro Hospital and Alameda Hospital and four neighborhood-based community Wellness Centers located in Oakland, Newark and Hayward. It is a New Day in health care, and its a New Day at Alameda Health System.
The job skills required for Food Service Worker include food service, Food Preparation, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Food Service Worker. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Food Service Worker. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Food Service Worker positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Food Service Worker, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Fast Food Shift Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Food Service Worker. You can explore the career advancement for a Food Service Worker below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a FOOD SERVICE WORKER, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a FOOD SERVICE WORKER for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on FOOD SERVICE WORKER job description and responsibilities
May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
12/23/2021: Stamford, CT
Safe food handling practices and regulations and acts governing food service are emphasized.
01/13/2022: Spokane, WA
A few of the main duties of a food service worker are cleaning the stove top for cooks, adhering to food safety regulations, helping cooks prepare meals, and creating simple dishes such as salad.
12/18/2021: Phoenix, AZ
Food service workers typically learn on the job, especially substitute workers.
02/06/2022: Charlotte, NC
Prepare and deliver healthy food to hospital patients.
12/13/2021: Chicago, IL
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on FOOD SERVICE WORKER jobs
Measure and analyze customer feedback.
02/23/2022: Pascagoula, MS
Apportion and places food servings on plates trays according to diet list on menu card.
02/16/2022: Moline, IL
Prepare delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line.
12/01/2021: Grand Forks, ND
Wash dishes cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
01/11/2022: Twin Falls, ID
To avoid contamination, uncooked meat should never be stored above or near ready-to-eat food.
11/27/2021: Fort Collins, CO
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for FOOD SERVICE WORKER.