The principle role of the Customer Service Representative is to provide best-in-class customer service and claims assistance to carriers, contractors, policyholders, and other service providers. The Customer Service Representative serves as a key role by filtering and routing verbal and written initial inquires and providing quality control of assignments within the required timeline. This position is 100% remote.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to inquiries and requests from various customers in a timely manner using telephone and/or email.
- Review insurance claim assignments to ensure contractor compliance with standards set forth in best practices.
- Manage prescribed territory to ensure adherence to timeframe requirements.
- Intake of issues related to claims and contractors in all areas.
- Provide technical assistance for customers experiencing password difficulties.
- Provide FNOL, assignment and reassignment support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- 1-3 years customer service experience in an office environment.
- Insurance industry or construction experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with general contractors/vendors is a plus.
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple priorities.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of web browsers – Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Knowledge in Claims Management Systems a plus.
- Must be able to work in both a team environment and autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leadership.
- Self-motivated and independently able to prioritize tasks and resolve issues.
- Multi-channel communication and support experience including instant messaging, e-mail and phone calls with customers.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard work-weeks (i.e. 8 AM to 5 PM Wednesday through Sunday) desired; willing to work additional hours or make shift adjustments as determined by business needs.
About Alacrity Solutions
Headquartered in Fishers, IN, with offices nationwide, Alacrity Solutions has grown significantly over the years to become a full end-to-end service provider. As a streamlined insurance claims, repair and recovery solutions provider, Alacrity partners with major insurance carriers, helping to deliver efficiencies and solutions to their policyholders.