Who We Are
As an impact investor, Advantage Capital’s mission is to bring businesses, technologies, jobs and housing to communities that have historically lacked access to investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for our investors proving that conscious capitalism is possible. Since 1992, Advantage Capital (the “Firm”) has invested more than $3.8 billion in over 775 companies, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. We’ve built a sterling track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs in underserved communities and industries.
We love what we do. We fundamentally believe that capital can change lives and we go to great lengths to give our firm the opportunity to reach the hardest hit communities in the U.S. with much needed investment. For anyone considering joining our high - performing firm, know that we value: a growth mindset (never fixed), a fast but enduring work pace (rarely slow), the ability to work autonomously (no micromanaging), getting things done (talk is cheap), an all-hands-on-deck culture (a true team), a love of hard-to-solve problems (that others won’t attempt), and the character to do the right thing (always).
Advantage Capital is seeking a full-time intern to be based in the firm’s Hanover office. Working closely with senior personnel, interns will be given training and mentorship with the goal of developing industry leading investors. Day to day, interns will work with sourcing and underwriting analysts to:
· Perform outreach for investment sourcing and build relationships with founders, entrepreneurs, and operators of companies in a broad range of industries
· Evaluate debt and equity investment opportunities
· Complete industry research and general due diligence on potential investments
· Assist with drafting and presenting investment memos detailing potential investments
· Other duties as assigned
Candidates are expected to have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a strong record of leadership accomplishments. We strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds/majors to apply.
The successful candidate will:
· Demonstrate a track record of high achievement in demanding academic settings
· Be a self-starter who is eager to grab responsibility and assignments
· Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, multi-task, prioritize, communicate, and function on a small team in a collegial environment
· Strong work ethic, integrity, and ability to take direction
· Always be a team player able to collaborate with colleagues