You haven't searched anything yet.
· Performs entry to mid-level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but not limited to: adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments to sustain and improve operations; repairing or replacing defective parts; reconditioning or repairing machine tools.
· Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
· Provides support and back up for other members of department as needed by leadership.
· Is aware of Maintenance Industry Standards.
· Assures compliance with 5S and housekeeping standards.
· Participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
· May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform basic welding tasks.
· Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
· Performs basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
· Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
· Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
· High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
· Associates degree with a Technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry or successful completion of the ATS Technician Progression Program.
· Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems. Can perform repairs.
· Must be able to use basic hand tools.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
3,000 - 7,500
$5M - $10M
Advanced Technology Services improve productivity and profitability for manufacturers.
The job skills required for Maintenance Technician-1 include Troubleshooting, Repairing, Welding, Housekeeping, CMMS, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Maintenance Technician-1. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Maintenance Technician-1. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Maintenance Technician-1 positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Maintenance Technician-1, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Facility Maintenance Technician III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Maintenance Technician-1. You can explore the career advancement for a Maintenance Technician-1 below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Maintenance Technician, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Maintenance Technician for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Maintenance Technician job description and responsibilities
A maintenance technician needs expertise with a wide range of tools, equipment and systems.
02/12/2022: New London, CT
A maintenance technician salary depends on several factors.
01/12/2022: Lebanon, PA
A maintenance technician's job can be physically demanding, as they may carry heavy loads, climb ladders to significant heights, squeeze through narrow spaces or adjust heavy objects.
12/01/2021: Huntington, NY
Also called a maintenance worker or general technician, these professionals ensure the consistent upkeep of all mechanical hardware.
12/04/2021: Springfield, OH
clean and perform routine maintenance on HVAC systems.
01/30/2022: Racine, WI
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Maintenance Technician jobs
Acquire the Appropriate Training.
02/10/2022: Columbia, SC
Check the oil pressure and temperature.
02/25/2022: Evansville, IN
Consider getting some technical training.
01/27/2022: Port Arthur, TX
Engineering Principles for Maintainers and Operators.
01/14/2022: Melbourne, FL
Fasten the tie-down ropes or cables to the forward and aft landing gear cross tubes and secure to ground stakes or tie-down rings.
12/19/2021: Mcallen, TX
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Maintenance Technician.