At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the second largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
The successful candidate must bring high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team.
- Strategic Mindset – anticipates future trends and implications accurately
- Decision Quality – relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
- Customer Focus – identifies opportunities that benefit the business
- Business Insight – keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, function, and in the marketplace
- Plans and Aligns – breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions
- Optimizes Work Processes – seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering
- Ensures Accountability – establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Collaborates – works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Develops Talent – develops others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments
- Builds Effective Teams – forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience
- Drives Vision and Purpose – talks about future possibilities in a positive way
- Courage – faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same
The IT Compliance Manager role will be to lead the Information Technology Compliance program within ADS. This role will include managing the required IT Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal controls and processes that support financial reporting, third party risk management, PCI, and other compliance initiatives. These processes include, but are not limited to:
- Working with leadership across the organization to build a compliance focused culture
- Enhance and lead all SOX IT control efforts
- Build and establish a right sized Third Party Risk Management program
- Evaluating current control processes and procedures for improvement and automation opportunities
- Work with internal and external audit partners to fulfill all annual audit obligations
- Documenting and updating policies, procedures, narratives, and other documentation
The Compliance Manager will be the primary contact for the IT compliance program and be a primary liaison between the ADS IT department and the internal and external audit partners. These responsibilities include facilitating meetings and request with the audit teams, reporting current risks and issues to auditors and senior management, and provide executive level reporting on a period basis.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all IT compliance activities, including, but not limited to SOX, , and PCI-DSS
- Development of Third-Party Risk Management program
- Manager IT Compliance team members
- Leads relationship with audit partners (internal and external). Receives audit findings and manages the collection of responses and remediation plans with owners.
- Works within the information security governance process to define control recommendations that are both efficient and effective.
- Provides oversight of audit finding remediation, including generating requirements for full remediation, providing feedback and suggestions on managerial responses to findings, and tracking progress and providing status and updates to the enterprise compliance team for reporting purposes.
- Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security-standard-setting groups, state and federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security. Identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommends appropriate changes.
- Research the latest information technology (IT) compliance trends
- Help plan and carry out an organization’s culture of compliance
- Recommend compliance enhancements to management or senior IT staff
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and truth of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Compliance Processes – Understands and demonstrates knowledge in controls, tools, and processes (i.e. SOX, PCI-DSS, privacy regulations)
- Best Practices – Is familiar with and understands established information security best practice frameworks and other control frameworks. (i.e. NIST CSF, COBIT)
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar field
- Audit/Compliance/Information Security credentials preferred (CISA, CISSP, CISM)
- 5-7 years of experience of working in IT SOX or compliance activities related to technology
- Experience within or working with audit teams (internal or external)
- Experience with PCI-DSS
- Experience with Third Party Risk Management
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tools
- Experience with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
- The ability to dynamically communicate throughout the organization
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.