Opportunity at a Glance
This Executive Assistant position provides a wide range of administration, general support and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. The position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion, and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts.
We are headquartered in downtown Chicago and offer a hybrid work schedule. This includes being onsite about 2 days per week with flexibility.
- Anticipate the needs and use discretion when setting priorities to keep the leader updated and aware of meetings, agendas, travel, upcoming events, incoming emails and letters, situations relating to the administrative office, campuses, employees, and visitors.
- Manages the leader’s calendar and contact database to schedule meetings, make travel arrangements (airline, car service, rental car, hotel, etc.), order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve, and prepare facilities and catering.
- Act as a liaison between the leader and employees, clients and all external contacts, by utilizing good judgment in determining when to act independently and when to refer matters for further attention.
- Handle a wide variety of complex situations and time conflicts involving the business/administrative functions of the office and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material on a regular basis.
- Prepare high level documentation and advanced correspondence for presentation to the Members of the Board and/or Presidential Cabinet.
- Maintains accurate records and files; develops and maintains filing systems to include electronic and hard copy, computer diskette and network systems; ensures filings are in proper format and filed in a timely manner; supplies information upon request.
- Assist in preparing the budget and tracking expenses.
- Organize large meetings which may include multiple departments of the organization.
- Provide administrative support for other member(s) of the Executive Cabinet as assigned/directed by leader.
- Offer support and assistance to other departments and employees as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required but may substitute a combination of education and experience.
- 8 years executive assistant experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other Microsoft applications; Meeting note taking.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace. As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.