We are looking for a Program & Account Director for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Business Unit
Work on things that matter
Working at Ad Hoc means putting your time and skills toward helping the government better serve the public. Our teams help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from birding to space nerds to home decor), our company culture acknowledges all the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
What matters most
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time. We’re a team that loves the challenge of government-size projects and loves to see our customers succeed. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Program Director is responsible for end-to-end management of the program and/or a suite of programs. This includes client relationship management, high quality and on time delivery, personnel management, financial management, contract management and organic program growth. You'll ensure that the assigned program has everything it needs to be successful. Under the supervision of the Head of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid the Senior program Manager/Account Director is responsible for management, oversight, and growth for a portfolio of Ad Hoc accounts, and the teams that support them.
What You'll Do:
- Develops strong customer relationships to understand needs, maximize customer satisfaction, and identify new opportunities.
- Manages the relationship between the prime contracting partner, Ad Hoc, and the client.
- Maximizes client satisfaction in a contractual relationship.
- Oversees program finances by managing budget approvals and invoicing.
- Manages team members in collaboration with practice leads.
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
- Develops strategic planning to navigate program changes and/or conflict.
- Interviews and selects new team members.
- Conducts performance reviews for direct reports that could include project management, engineering, user experience, and/or product management.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize people, technology, culture, and operations to drive solutions to significantly complex business problems.
- Plans programs in ways that benefit the organization over the long term.
- Ensures that all systems operate smoothly and align with ISO and CMMI quality standards, in coordination with QA Manager.
- Supports business development activities by helping identify and drive portfolio organic growth opportunities.
- Managing a portfolio of business with multiple programs and/or customers that deliver digital services
- Managing a multi-million dollar P&L for multiple programs with multiple subcontractors
- Responsible for program profitability and financial forecasting as it relates to P&L management
- Providing expertise in technology project and program management
- Coaching and mentoring project and program managers
- Identifying and implementing strategies to maximize resource use and availability tracking across programs
- Creating organizational structures & processes to support delivery
- Accountable for overall client satisfaction
- Accountable for managing program and/or portfolio partner performance and relationships
- Promoting efficiency across the portfolio of programs
- Ensuring that appropriate information sharing occurs across programs
- Representing the portfolio both internally and externally as part of the Leadership Team
Growth and Business Development
- Contributing to decisions on pipeline priorities, and supporting opportunities through business capture process
- Responsible for setting strategic direction and organic growth priorities for portfolio of programs
- Securing contract modifications for portfolio of programs
- Developing organic growth with current or adjacent customers
- Identifying and leading opportunities for organic growth within portfolio of programs
- Identifying and helping qualify formal opportunities for growth within portfolio of programs
- Identifying key capabilities and approach on programs to add to Ad Hoc capabilities / approaches
- Providing input into company-wide strategy and key objectives as part of the Leadership Team
- Supporting growth team on new opportunities and initiatives
- Leading efforts to develop scope and delivery labor mapping on pricing activities within their sphere of influence
- Experience managing a program or portfolio generating at least $20M in annual revenue
- Experience managing multiple teams of technical professionals in delivering online digital services in a consulting environment.
- Background in software development, or something relatable like Product Management. Insufficient to simply have a PMP.
- Growth-oriented, accountable, motivated, entrepreneurial, high EQ, customer service mindset, leader. Relationship/stakeholder management.
- Leads strategic change related to organizational goals, both internally and externally
- Driven by results, both in terms of meeting organizational goals and customer expectations
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage a large team successfully, particularly in terms of leading others towards meeting the organization's mission and goals while providing an inclusive and positive work environment
- Business acumen related to human, financial, and information resource management
- Coalition building skills, including the ability to develop networks and alliances with partners
- Political savvy and awareness of and ability to respond to operating environment
- Ability to build consensus and negotiate strategically to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum 10 years of overall work experience
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum 3 years in Government, Civil Service, or their dedicated discipline
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Experience with advanced management and program management principles and best practices.
- Agile certification preferred(PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), AgilePM Foundation, ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP), Certified Scrum Master, SAFe Agilist, etc.)
- Understanding of Government contracting and CMS is preferred but not necessarily a requirement
Ad Hoc is a great place to be. Our benefits package includes:
- Company-subsidized health, dental, life, and vision insurance.
- Use what you need vacation policy.
- 401K with employer match.
- Paid parental leave after one year.
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $212,000 to $267,000. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.