You haven't searched anything yet.
The Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical engineering information and assistance to the Senior Engineer/Project Manager to ensure that project complies with the project requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, best design practices, and specifications. Knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, and value engineering for constructible projects.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year in the field of electrical engineering power distribution design. Familiarity with electrical codes NEC, NFPA preferred.
- Perform cable and conduit sizing.
- Prepare power system single line diagrams, to include feeder and over current protection sizing, and equipment elevations.
- Prepare short circuit and over-current protection device coordination and arc flash studies, transformer sizing, lighting, and UPS load calculations, voltage drop, and underground thermal ampacity calculations.
- Participate and coordinate value engineering functions. Visit job sites of remodeling projects to field survey existing electrical conditions.
- Coordinate work with the project specifications or equipment buy-out.
- Review, comment, and process equipment and system submittals. Generate project specifications. Generate and coordinate RFIs.
- Perform coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, process, and all electrical trades. Prepare designs, check, and specify power, lighting, and auxiliary systems.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Work closely with the Field Operations and Project Manager to coordinate the design criteria with budgetary issues.
- Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
- Cable tray and conduit routing layout drawings, detail drawings and as-built drawings. Scheduling take-off/bill of quantities/material take-offs.
- Site construction/EPC experience will be beneficial, but not essential.
- Coordinate architectural, civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical designs.
Electrical Engineering, AutoCAD, Revit, Electrical Design, BIM, AutoCAD Electrical, 3D modeling
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree in electrical engineering/construction technology.
- Experience: Minimum two (2) years.
- High-rise commercial or plant/manufacturing/industrial, data center experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Fluency in analytics programs for short circuit and over current coordination, and arc flash analysis programs.
- Fluency with applicable codes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and an effective team player
- Ability to interact professionally with peers both management and staff, suppliers, customers, and others
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
The following is the career advancement route for Electrical Engineer positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Electrical Engineer, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Electrical Engineer IV that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Electrical Engineer. You can explore the career advancement for an Electrical Engineer below and select your interested title to get hiring information.