Summary / Objective:
Effective management of the various agency functions through “hands on” involvement in all departments including: all agency personnel, document processing, operations, the warehouse, recruiting, agency fleet, maintenance, compliance and overall profitability.
Absolute customer satisfaction while at the same time achieving maximum profitability through efficiency and honesty, while at the same time providing a pleasurable place to work for our fellow employees.
Effectively plan, organize and control the Operations Department. Plan for and organize required human resources and physical assets to achieve planned objectives. Maintain compliance to the Safety Departments of Ace and Atlas Van Lines, as well as all pertinent government regulations. Lead, encourage, compliment, train and discipline as needed to ensure high quality is provided and maximum revenue is obtained. Monitor and comprehend how to minimize operational expenses, including, but not limited to labor, on board equipment, mechanical repairs and pack material.
Primary Responsibilities / Expectations:
1. High quality contractors and employees are recruited, retained and developed to supply a work force that meets or exceeds customer expectations and accommodates seasonal capacity needs.
2. Responsible for managing driver balances and requesting advances. Keep negative balances to a minimum. Contractors should not be more than $3000 in debt.
3. Help secure loads for interstate haulers.
4. Paperwork is reviewed with all service providers by operations personnel to confirm a clear understanding of the scope of work.
5. Crews are prepared with proper equipment tools and resources to complete work.
6. Performance reviews completed annually.
7. Performance improvement action plans established and reviewed when an employee or contractor is less than competent.
8. Disciplinary issues and job status changes communicated in writing to employee and in personnel file.
1. Oversee dispatch and the daily dispatch schedule. Provide the highest quality service while minimizing planned overtime.
2. Responsible for the paperwork process from the point the Bill of Lading is printed to the point it is scanned to the revenue processor.
3. Customer issues are resolved with great urgency.
4. Interdepartmental issues involving customer service staff, drivers and movers are resolved with great urgency.
5. Subordinates consistently work to provide assistance to each caller, even if the caller’s request is not his/her direct responsibility.
6. Participate in the weekend rotation of Operations personnel.
1. Manage the warehouse efficiently to receive, inventory, store and deliver customer property without claims for loss or damage.
2. Conduct monthly safety meetings with all safety sensitive crew members using suggested topics as outlined by the Corporate Safety Department and other issues as needed.
3. Keep the warehouse and grounds clean, presentable and organized to maximize storage space and efficiency while minimizing overtime.
4. Keep warehouse in compliance with military standards.
5. Enforce the use of Wise in the warehouse
6. Enforce the use of Riders (exceptions) on all shipments coming into the warehouse.
7. Enforce the use of Bingo sheets on all shipments leaving the warehouse.
8. Submit Ace mandated monthly warehouse inspections.
1. Monitor P&L report at least weekly and take action to improve deficiencies.
2. Audit driver settlements against contract.
3. Submit departmental payroll weekly.
4. Timecards are audited against the day sheet as well as the warehouse schedule and revenue paperwork.
5. Evaluate vendors at least annually.
6. All invoices are audited for legitimacy and accuracy.
7. Take measures to prevent and reduce claims. As a percentage of associated revenue, warehouse claims should be less than 6%, packing claims less than 1.5% and transportation claims less than 3%.
8. Equipment is maintained to function safely and represent us well in the community.
9. All equipment is inspected by established cycle deadlines, via the quarterly state BIT inspection and the bi-annual Atlas Van Lines inspection.
10. Responsible for “Whatever It Takes” to complete corporate Goal and Mission
Candidate Specifications and Requirements:
3-5 years Moving & Storage experience in a management or supervisory role.
Must be able to handle high volume of emails, phone, and personnel timely and professionally with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Ace Worldwide Group of Companies and all of its entities not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. This company further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.