Acadia Healthcare is a leading provider of behavioral healthcare services across the United States. Acadia operates a growing network of 230 plus behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 10,200 beds in 40 states and Puerto Rico. With more than 20,000 employees serving approximately 70,000 patients daily, Acadia is the largest stand-alone behavioral health company in the U.S.
Acadia’s management style and philosophy is one of collaboration and flexibility as we create an energetic and team-oriented service delivery system. Our organization values input from employees, physicians, and all strategic alliances. As evidenced in our mission statement, Acadia Healthcare’s mission is to create behavioral health centers where people receive care that enables them to regain hope in a supportive, caring environment. We want Acadia to be synonymous with excellent care, phenomenal customer service and an unparalleled commitment to our patients, staff, physicians, and community.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital
Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital is a 113-bed behavioral health and substance abuse treatment hospital located in the heart of South Georgia. The hospital offers inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient programming for adolescents, teens, and adults struggling with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, behavioral issues, and other mental health illnesses.
The inpatient treatment programs are for adolescents (ages 12-17) and adults who are a danger to themselves or others and require intensive observation and stabilization. Greenleaf Behavioral focuses on making sure each client creates a strong foundation that sets the stage for successful recovery.
We are looking to hire a facility Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital. The CFO is an integral part of the senior leadership team and expected to participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the facility’s operational and financial goals. The Facility CFO has responsibility and is accountable for overall financial operations and all aspects of the day-to-day fiscal management of the facility.
To learn more visit: https: https://www.greenleafhospital.com/
Your responsibilities as CFO:
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with company policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate required reports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Ensures all accounting and business office policies and required internal controls are in place to facilitate a clean audit with no material audit adjustments or deficiencies found. Ensures that all approval processes are in place.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable is collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
- Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that facility is paid accurately, and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Facilitates preparation of any required cost reports.
- Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. These departments may include, but are not limited to, Health Information Management, Materials Management, and Human Resources. Ensures department is adequately staffed and trained.
- Ensures compliance with Group Purchasing contract and monitors purchases to ensure supply costs are kept to budgeted levels.
- Prepares annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the CEO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies.
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field with major in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years successful CFO experience in a healthcare setting desired.
- Previous Behavioral healthcare experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
- Proven financial analysis skills.
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility staff, physicians and corporate staff.
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.
This Opportunity offers the following:
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus opportunity
- Relocation benefits
- Growth and development opportunities within Acadia and its subsidiaries
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Challenging and rewarding work environment