Job Location: SCC Edinburg LLC - Edinburg, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Transportation
RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide nonemergency transport of mobility-impaired individuals by accommodating wheelchairs, walkers, and strollers and offering safe custom transportation for medical appointments and treatments.
- Must have a current CNA certification
- Ability to communicate effectively with oral and written instructions in English
- Must hold a currently valid driver’s license as required by the state and have an excellent driving record as verified by the state Department of Motor Vehicles
- Must be reliable and capable of working independently and remaining calm in case of emergency
- Current CPR certification preferred
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- Depending on assigned area, knowledge of Spanish would be helpful
- To assure resident safety.
- Visually Inspects van for any defects and/or vehicle damage; checks operating systems: Brakes, horn, windshield wipers, lights, first-aid kits, emergency flashers and door- opening devices for proper operation before starting trips; validates registration and inspection stickers for vehicle are state compliant; certifies working condition of cellular phone
- Provides whatever assistance is required for boarding of patient and any caregiver; ensures wheelchair and passenger are properly secured before starting van
- Upon arrival at medical facility, assists patients in leaving van and reaching proper offices or treatment areas; inspects van to ensure that no personal items have been left behind
- Provides first-aid or CPR if required during patient transport; immediately notifies emergency personnel and supervisor if skilled assistance is required; completes report at end of day’s run
- Reports traffic accidents immediately to supervisor, requesting police or ambulance service as needed; assists injured persons from first-aid kit until these services arrive; completes company accident report
- When not transporting residents, driver will report to supervisor for assignments
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned; including some weekends evenings and holidays; non-exempt position
At Senior Care Centers we believe in providing our patients with a well-trained staff in a positive and encouraging environment. We provide each of our team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a team-oriented working environment. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and the chance to grow professionally in the healthcare industry.
Other benefits of the Certified Transportation Aide role include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Training for CEU’s Credits
The job skills required for CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE include Transportation, CPR, Communicates Effectively, Life insurance, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of CPR
Swift Safety Institute
Full Time | Part Time | Contractor
For the skill of Communicates Effectively
Little Kitchen Htx
The following is the career advancement route for CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Patient Navigator that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE. You can explore the career advancement for a CERTIFIED TRANSPORTATION AIDE below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.