Automation Engineer works under the direction of the Automation Manager and also utilize independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables used in the fabrication of equipment for pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing (Primarily piping assemblies for fluid & gas handling and motorized agitation systems). Primary responsibility involves generating design plans utilizing Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software. This position requires a high level of attention to detail along with the ability to develop a strong understanding of the ASME BPE Bioprocessing Equipment design standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent automation related job experience.
• 5 years with current automation systems experience.
• Proficient with one or more of the following hardware/software platforms: Allen-Bradley, Delta V, or Siemens.
• Current automation and control systems design, development, and programming from scope and P&ID framework.
• English language proficiency, both written and oral speaking skills.
• cGMP and GAMP 5 experience in Bio-Pharm or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Detail oriented with a solid understanding of current programming standards, industry design fundamentals, and related simulation/de-bugging processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task across functional groups.
• Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Limited travel will be required (not expected to exceed 20%). International travel possible.
The job skills required for Automation Engineer include PLC, Programming, Responsibility, Technical Support, Verbal Communication,and Organizational Skills etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Automation Engineer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Automation Engineer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.