All American Label & Packaging “All American” or AALP, is a manufacturer born out of a need for a premier full-service label company committed to excellence in product and service. We don’t want to just supply products to our clients, we want to partner with them to deliver the best results possible to help build their success and drive their products to the top.
In November of 2020 Heartwood Partners a private equity firm based in, Norwalk, Connecticut made a significant growth investment in All American and in March of 2022 merged with Western Shield Label. AALP is headquartered in Dublin, CA, just outside of the Oakland, CA area with an additional facility and operations in Memphis, TN. The Company has a very strong culture, where people are valued and respected which has led to high employee retention, loyalty, and ultimately the success and growth of the company. Please visit All American’s website at https://www.allamericanlabel.net/ and Heartwood Partners web site at www.heartwoodpartners.com to learn more.
The Human Resource Generalist assists with and facilitates human resource processes at all business locations. Conducts administration and maintenance of human resources activities and programs, including recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, on/offboarding, employee relations, and workplace safety. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees, broker, and insurance providers, resolving benefits-related problems and ensuring effective use of plans and positive employee experience. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, processing payroll and HRIS entry. The Generalist will support staff and management throughout the employee lifecycle. The expectation is the incumbent will develop their skill set over time and advance in the HR team with more responsibility and involvement as the business grows. The role will require the incumbent to become a subject matter expert on the Paylocity HRIS and its configuration.
· Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions (including LOA paperwork processing). Reconciles benefits statements.
· Is the first point of contact for all HR related requests and questions.
· Process weekly payroll.
· Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
· Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
· Responsible for processing of onboarding and offboarding and all associated administration.
· Assists with the preparation and administration of the performance review process.
· Conducts recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with required cadence of touch points.
· Conducts ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
· Prepare and analyze HR related reports and data for cross functional teams.
· Maintaining and updating data in HR reports that fall on a scheduled cadence.
· Coordinates the administration of workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance claims.
· Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR and hiring managers.
· Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
· Responsible for all employee digital and physical file and documentation, their organization and adherence to internal guideline and external laws.
· Assists or prepares correspondence, files documents into appropriate employee files, and performs other HR clerical functions as requested.
· Maintains the HRIS platform.
· Leads employee recognition program, making suggestions, and implementing initiatives.
· Supports HR Director with employee relations issues, including investigations, disciplinary action and other matters as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Highly attuned EQ and agility in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, proactive approach
· Excellent verbal, written and presentational communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Experience Recruiting and Staffing
· Intermediate understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines managing competing priorities.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
· Intermediate knowledge of Federal and CA employment law environment.
· Responds well to stressful situations and environments, with the ability to de-escalate.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Paylocity HRIS a HUGE plus
· Bilingual a plus
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
· At least four years related experience required.
· SHRM-CP, PHR or PHR-CA credential preferred.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Hand and finger dexterity to keyboard and mouse
· Walking intermittently between buildings at HQ
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals of function.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
The job skills required for HR Generalist include Onboarding, Employee Relations, HRIS, Microsoft Office, Customer Service,and Confidentiality etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a HR Generalist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by HR Generalist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.