3Q/DEPT is leading the disruption of the growth marketing industry by turning our clients into market leaders and household names across the B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and FinTech verticals. We’re independent and values-driven, and the way we work reflects our Silicon Valley roots: we're relentless, curious, and accept no limits in driving growth for our clients and each other.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile, analytics, CRO, creative, and business strategy. We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalize on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields.
We are committed to building and sustaining an environment where everyone feels psychologically safe and valued. We seek frequent, open feedback from our team and we offer company-wide training and regular, open discussions on diversity, equity, inclusion and other social issues.
3Q/DEPT offers employees flexibility with remote, hybrid, and in-office options (depending on team/location).
Creative strategy is a role that is both equal parts quantitative and creative, synergizing data and out-of-box problem solving to push the boundaries of what is possible. This creative strategist role serves as a bridge between our media teams and the creative department, aligning on client channel goals and building a data-based approach on how to best achieve them through creative execution. As a creative strategist, you will work as an integral part of the Creative Services team to guide our testing process and progress client learning agendas.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in delivering strategic creative recommendations that lead to impact in performance. They have a well-versed understanding of both marketing and creative best practices, with particular expertise in performance channels like paid social, programmatic, and display. They are passionate about unearthing the trends and stories that the data tells. They find a high level of satisfaction in seeing the tangible and quantifiable impact that their role and work has.
You will need to be quick on your feet, able to adapt to an ever-changing, fast-paced, growing environment, and work independently while being accountable to deadlines and goals.
This creative strategist will report to 3Q’s SVP of Creative Services.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting 3Q’s clients and prospects by performing creative audits, competitive and historical analysis, and developing quarterly pand yearly growth strategies within key marketing channels.
- Building client and channel-specific learnings agendas, progressed through strategic creative testing roadmaps.
- Tracking the progress of creative testing efforts and reporting on trends.
- Crafting creative briefs and working directly with account and creative teams to oversee creative execution from a strategy perspective.
- Working with the Creative Leadership, Client Services, and Sales team on new business opportunities and pitches.
- Presenting strategy approaches and learnings to clients on an ongoing basis
- Evangelizing 3Q’s vision of scalable iterations in creative testing in order to improve advertising performance for our clients.
- Embracing an up-to-date and continually evolving understanding of performance best practices, best-in-class examples across industries, and white spaces within digital performance channels.
- Producing and supporting thought leadership for 3Q Marketing purposes: blog posts, case studies, white papers, webinars.
- Assisting in prioritizing the creative queue of requests based on a number of factors (urgency, expected impact, client expectations, client opportunity, etc.)
- Continually working with leads of the Creative Services and Creative Operations team to make processes smoother through better workflows, documentation, and optimizations.
Note: This is not a design role. While a passion for creative is required, this role is ideal for someone who is able to unify the marketing knowledge and creative craft into a formula for growth and success.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working directly with creative production and a minimum of 1 year of media buying experience in visually-driven online channels
- Or a minimum of 1 year working as a creative strategist with experience in digital performance marketing
- Managed creative workflow at large scale
- Ability to work independently as well as manage other team members
- An up-to-date knowledge base of marketing and performance best practices with thorough understanding of visual advertising platforms in Social, Display, Programmatic, and Mobile
- Strong professional and verbal communication skills (you should excel at speaking/presenting to clients and internal stakeholders)
- Excellent writing and strategic content creation skills
Additional things that will impress us:
- Content creation background (professional or personal)
- Proven record of success in performance creative strategy or execution
- Passionate about process improvement and project management
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects, multiple brands, and ongoing work items, while effectively managing changing priorities and client expectations
- Agency experience, and comfort working in a very fast-paced environment
About Us3Q/DEPT’s unique culture is developed and nurtured by our fantastic people and our core values:Be Inclusive.We value everyone’s ideas and opinions and commit to building a psychologically safe environment to foster them. Our hiring, communications, and promotions practices reflect our belief that diverse perspectives and equitable and inclusive practices continue to push us and our clients to find new ways to lead.Act for the Greater Good.We lead with empathy and teamwork. During good times and bad, we are committed to supporting each other, our clients, and our communities.Own It.We are accountable: to ourselves, to our teams, to our clients. We are proactive, we communicate clearly, and we follow through.Accept No Limits.We are intellectually curious and resourceful. We constantly challenge the status quo to find or develop innovations that drive breakthrough opportunities for our teams and our clients.We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity.
3Q/DEPT 's top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families and the communities where they live and work. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they choose to come in to a 3Q/DEPT office, attend company events, and/or work with peers in-person at any site. 3Q/DEPT offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- AdAge Best Places to Work 2020, 2021 and 2022
- One of Inc.’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2021
- Winner of the 2019 US Search Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Award
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, a 401K plan and company match, and paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars
3Q/DEPT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q/DEPT an inclusive, psychologically safe organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.